Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Soma vs. Flexeril

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Soma vs. Flexeril

I'm off the pain pills, but my Dr. gave me Flexeril awhile back, but I never took it because I was only interested in the hydro.  I have taken Soma and it gives a unique buzz at first, and I have red they can be addictive.  Does Flexeril have any addictive properties?  Is it safe to take?  
Well I've never taken soma but have taken flexeril a lot, to help me sleep and to help with back spasms, I have never gotten any type of 'buzz' from it. Upon comparing the two on drugs.com under warning on soma it says not to take it if you have a history of alcohol or other substance abuse or dependence but under flexeril there is nothing of the sort. Hope that helps,

Much Luv!!!
Thank you.  I just wanted to make sure there is no kind of head or feeling change with it because I am 3 weeks clean and trying like hell to stay on the path.  The last thing I need is anything is to get any sort of high.
Flexaril should help you sleep while you are off the opiates.  They don't know how Flexaril works, but it does.  Soma does give you a "buzz" and if you have the shakes from withdrawal, the soma will actually make you have more anxiety.  The flexaril will help you relax and it isn't addictive.  Some people though it has a tendency to make sleep for long periods of time or give you a hang over feeling when you wake up.
soma is addicitive, but it works much better than flexeral, I have taken both. if you have a real medical problem, then soma will work much better, but use with caution.
CAT
Flexeril will knock me out but I do have a hangover in the morning....I only take 1/2 of a 10 mg tablet when I have to....safer than soma
I was actually able to ward off most of my pain for over 8 years with just soma.  It is very effective for muscle pain and spasm.  It does give you a freaky kinda buzz, but it goes away after about 20-30 minutes.  Yes it is addictive.  I would say 98% mental.  when I stopped taking it.....after about five days of moderate aggitation i was fine.  coming of of it  is a breeze compared to opiates.  I wouldn't worry unless you start taking a lot of them per day.......then you are abusing them, but pretty easy to get off them.  Flexeril is a joke, completely useless......for me anyway.  I have friends that take them and i have no claims of effectiveness.......again, as long as your not popping them like pez they are very good.  I took them for 7 years 2 at evening when my pain was the worst.  when I got up to 8 a day.......thats when i had to say goodbye to them, but it took 7 years to get to that tolerance.  And, the only reason that happened is because vic's came into the equation and it was downhill fast.

Nauty.................

Nauty