Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Starting My Tapering Off Schedule

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Starting My Tapering Off Schedule

Hi I'm 21 years old and have been addicted to vicodin for 2 years... It has started to completely run my life and I soon won't be able to afford my habit and decided I needed to start quitting yesterday (I have thought and tried half-*** before but never followed through)  I was taking 130-150 MG a day and have taken 90 MG yesterday and 90 MG today... tomorrow I hope to go down to 80 MG and 10 MG a day from there on.. Would like to know if anyone has been through something similar and if so... maybe throw some nice words out there for me! It would be appreciated.
Adding my tracker to the post, just to clarify i'm using it in turns of the Milligrams i have in-taken in a day and not the amount of pills since the dosage of the pills varies.
I have been where you are now. I did a taper as well. Took me a little over 3 weeks. I still had w/d's and so will you. I was on 10/325 Norco I took between 10 to 12 a day.

It was hard, funny thing is th w/d's were not the hard part for me. The staying off them is.
Keep busy, vitiams and walk or anything that help you keep your mind off them.
Been over 8 weeks for me now. You can do it!!!!

Terry