Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Starting my cold turkey tonight!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Starting my cold turkey tonight!

Same ol story you know the drill. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bloody sick of this crap. I hate the medicine. I hate what it does to
me as a person. I hate the MONEY I **** away on it all. I hate the a-holes I have to deal with to get it when my script runs out in 10 days after I get it. I just hate I it all. I want my life back again. I have done this times before so I know what I am in for so I have prepaired myself somewhat. There are no guarentees that i will not cave in but i am going to give it my best shot that i can.   I am giving it a shot that's all I can say. Right now i am cleaning my room top to bottom, my wife is cleaning all of my comfort cloths ( lightweight breathable cloths to sweat my azz of in), I just got all of my hair buzzed so my hair does not stay all wet and nasty, I have movies lined up, I got vitamins, immodium, tylonol, XANAX, clonopin, and now I am setting up my xbox 360 in my bedroom so I can keep distracted. My last percocets (5 perc 10's) were at 4:30pm. I know this is going to be a ***** but here goes.
Good luck. Sounds like me, i am begining to think the dread of wd is worse than it actually is. Even more so when like me and u ... Not our first rodeo so to speak. I have 51 hours under my belt. I dreaded it 4 weeks and now that it's here I'm sick but relieved. Done with wasting money and more importantly my life. Good luck I know u can do it and hopefully for good! I'll include u in my prayers. Sounds like u have it down to a science!! WTG. You CAN do this.  Hope u rest well tonight. I took 2 tsp of cough syrup last night and slept ok. I was surprised   Im going to try that again tonight. Then I'll put it down and deal. It's just regular OTC cough meds. Took recommended regular dose for adult.
Were  are all with ya. All you need is the want to quit. Sounds like you got it. I couldve wrote your post man 5 days ago. I quit for all the reasons you are. Think about your future not your past in the next few days. It helped me. Today Im living my future. Its friday night. I didnt get pills. I have alittle money. I ate a good dinner. I feel really good. Just think this time next week youll be writing the same thing! You  got what cha need to make it through this man. There is no guarantees in life, but dont think of it like that. I can guarantee if some  body REALLY wants to quit these pills. They can. You will bro. I know it. Do it. Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill. Peace
If you are as sick of it as you say you are you will succeed! Have you cut off all ways to get them? If you were like me you had a few people's number memorized so it didn't matter if I deleted them or not but I did. It helped mentally. Hitting delete made it feel like I was never going to see them again. And you know what? Somewhere around 9 months ago or so was the last time I saw them. If you think there's even the slightest chance of buying more turn all of the money, credit cards, bank accounts, etc over to your wife for the time being. You have to get it set in your head that there is no possible way for you to get them. You know how tempting it can be to use on day two or three of withdrawals so do what you have to do to make sure no matter how tempted you are that you can't get your hands on any.
You've been through this before so you know what you have to do. Make sure you don't lay around all day. Try and get up at a decent time and go about your day as normal as you can. Exercise even if it's just a short walk around the block at first. Exercise is by far the best thing you can do during withdrawals even though it can hurt so bad. Once you get walking you will feel a little better right away.
Be sure to come on here and post often. We will help you get through this.
Best of luck to you. If you need anything just let me know!

Brian
HI....well it sounds like you have done this a time or 2 ....so you know the drill the best thing you can bring to the table is a positive attitude .....yes this is going to su ck but you can decide if your going to suffer threw it or go threw it with the attitude im going to beet this thing once and  for all and im going to do whatever it takes including going out of my comfort zone to get the proper help to stay clean so im not back here again...as always we will support you and encourage you as you go threw this and as always we will encourage you to get aftercare to help make this your last time...there are no guarantees but aftercare greatly increases your chance of success ....hang in there keep posting for support
good luck and God bless......Gnarly  
Im thinking about you man. Im sure your not feeling so hot. Thats how you know your on the right track. Stay strong man...
Well I made it through the night last nigh and am on 20 hours right now. Not tooooo terrible actually. Kind of weird. I don't have the total mental depression I have gotten before. I think it's because my LIFE is actually better now. Last time i w/d I was facing a foreclosure with no job. Now my home is caught up (and CLEAN!) and I have a great job. So maybe that helps the mental part somewhat. I am pretty clammy and sweaty but nowhere near what I had been in the past. Not too achy either. I have been taking clonopin and valum every few hours for sweating. I also have 2m Xanax but so far have not used it.  Those types of meds were never a problem for me. Not my thing. So no worries of gettig hooked. I don't like the way I feel on them. Right now the best way to describe what I feel like is a "sweaty ****".
Congrats!! I'm on day five, your story sounds similar... SICK of that life!! I lined up all my support, but my first 20 hours were miserable, I was on perc 10's too... keep it up it gets better quick...
"sweaty t-u-rr-d" is what I was saying lol.
I was taking at my worse I was takin around 20 per day.
HEY dude how you doing now/??
Back2Me -- im impressed with you.  I want to do this with you,...I'm scared ******** but I don't know what choice I have.  I have 60 7.5's left and could try to taper.  What do you recommend?  I sick of all the stuff you're sick of -- tired of the guilt, tired of the shame, and tired of the work it takes to keep up this habit.  Please talk to me...
Ahh just flush them!  Tapering for me NEVER worked. You should do it with me!!  Actually its nit been THAT bad. I have taken my Xanax clonopin and valum. An honestly I am smoking a little green and that stopps the sweats forn a little bit. Now I'm taking tylonol pm and am off to bed! Hopefully not jerked out of sleep all wet. YUK I HATE HATE HATE THAT!!!
Good luck.  Ct is tough. I'm from Detroit too so I'm pulling for ya.
I'm in Philly now but miss the Coneys that much.
Stick to your guns man. I hope things are going good  for ya. Good as they can go wd'ing. Hope you got some sleep.