Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Still new here and kinda feeling like an outsider...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I really don't know anyone on here yet. I've responded to many people's posts...but kinda feels like my comments get ignored 'cause no one knows me. I'm also really depressed right now and that's making me feel even more alone and isolated. I've had people respond to posts that I've put up...but I really wanna connect with people here. I see all these people getting notes and having long lists of friends and I just want to have some people here who I can talk to now and again too. Anyone out there willing to welcome a new member with open arms so to speak? I've got a lot of advice to give...and sure could use a dose or two myself. I just need to make some friends on here. I'm here almost all of time...but still kinda feeling like an outsider.  
Melanie :(
Welcome. Its always nice to make new friends I agree. I haven't been on much lately. I have a lot going on and then Easter but i am back now. I'd love to be your friend!!
Hey welcome...I think we all feel like that when we first start here...for anyone you want as a friend..jsut send them an invite...or drop someone a PM...they will respond...

what's your DOC and where are you in the process???
I am so sorry weve made you feel this way.  It takes a little time to get to know everyone and what their story is.  I've just been popping in and out lately, but would love to talk.  Please update me about you.  What were you taking and for how long etc..   Please don't give up on this forum. You will have more friends then you can handle soon. lol   Hugs to you my friend.  Mary
I wanted to stop by and tell you that im sure that most feel that way, its a new place and new people kind of like the first day of school =) Hang in there and people will start responding more im sure , with Easter I know that i was very busy and im sure that alot of others were to ! we are here to support you all the time

<3 Lexi
Thanks folks! I'm just having one of those emotional days. I'm crying all of a sudden for no reason and just feel overwhelmed again. I've posted my strory in my journal...but my current situation is this: I was taking Tylenol 1's (at my worst 17 every four hours) and today I took three this morning and trying to fight the good fight. I'm doing okay so far...no major physical w/d's...just emotional ones at the moment! lmao!
Grr...I hate the mood swings...it's the hardest part for me. I have no intention on giving up on this forum and I almost regretted submitting this post 'cause I kinda felt like maybe I was just being a big baby!! lol!
Thanks again guys...I REALLY appreciate it.
Lottsa hugs to everyone and thanks again.
Hi!!!!! Let me introduce myself.Im Jenna.I would be glad to add ya to my friends list.Im on here most of the time and I am always here for anyone that wants to talk.Im sure people here are not trying to ignore you.It took me a while to make good friends too tho so keep ur chin up.....
Hope you had a great easter weekend :)

Hugs
I am so sorry, but unfortunately this happens out here.  People tend to form groups and it's not fair........I am so glad you posted this, because it is a big problem in my opinion and hopefully you have opened the gate to getting some people to think.  It's not you ...but kind of like moving to a new school or a new job.  It takes time to make friends everywhere you go, but I am glad you brought it up.  Now your gonna have so many friends your gonna wish you said nothing.........lol.

Luv,
Nauty.................
I would also love to be your friend! It does take some time for everyone to get to know one another. If we step out for a day it's amazing on the posts we miss out on. The more people on here helping one another, the better! Please post away!
brian
sorry everyone here is so great im new too,everyone is wonderful you can pm me would be glad to get to know you! God Bless
Geri-Rose
This is my first day on here and the welcome has been great so i would like to welcome you as well.  Its all a little overwhelming (i know it is to me) but you can shoot me a line and I am working but i check periodically it keeps me motivated so far!

Des
mel, i wanna be your friend.  i had those same feelings when i first came here.  but, fortunately ppl do care..  i am here all the time too.  i really dont have a life!!!!!! for real though i love this forum and i love to help out.  it was a lifesaver for me.   okay i am going to send you an add now and i will def.  look forward to hearing from you.
hey girl..did you catch my crying thing?lol...we are connected..I am so sorry that you were feeling that way..it sure seems to be one emotional weekend..i think i created a new Great Lake..lol..I think your a great person and you have" beenthere" fro alot of us..Thankyou...
xo Lisa
I know what your saying. The emotional part is the worst.  I would take diarea (diarrhea) for 3 months in exchange for not having the emotional stuff. LOL  Hang in there.  You will have some good days and some real bad days, but it gets better.
I know how you feel. I have been here for a while and I still feel that way to a point. I have a few friends that I talk to a lot. That is great, but I feel a lot of what you have just described.
Thanks guys. I'm overwhelmed by the number of people who have responded. :)
I'm sitting here crying again...but more because I'm so touched by how many people responded, sent notes, messages or invites. So...because I wont have time to resond to everyone personally today...I'll send a general THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE!

I also want to add...that no one should be apologizing...this is just the way I felt because of how I'm feeling and because hey...I am a newbie. So please...no one say sorry or feel bad...you've all been great to me...I'm just needing to form some closer connections. I'm still on a very, very bumpy road to recovery right now. I've been arguing with myself all day to keep from buying more Tylenol. Tapering is one thing...I'm just having a hard time letting go completely.

And again...for all those who wanted to know my story. Please read my journal...'cause it's kinda a long one. Might also have something to do with the fact that I type a lot!!! hehehe!

Thanks again! You guys truly are amazing people...and I look forward to getting to know you's a lot better in the coming days/weeks. :)

I already feel as though this forum has helped keep me positive and on the right road. Now...it's just a matter of staying there.

One last time....THANKS GUYS!! You've really made my day that much brighter!

Melanie
We are all in this together! If it wasn't for everyone on this forum I just wonder where I'd be in my recovery. That is if I would even be in recovery! There are so many caring people on here! Just keep going strong and we can all bury this addiction together!!
Best of luck to you Melanie! I am here for you anytime you need anything at all!
brian
I try to get on and post when I can...I work and can not sign on there...if someone saw me on an abuse forum...i would be in trouble!   love to get to know u and have seen u here...have u quit or r u tpaering,, or just preparing?
Welcome to the family Melanie !  Don't feel like a baby for posting this, we do understand the emotional stuff. Its all part of the getting clean thing. It can get pretty ruff. People can get pretty cranky too, but we usually get past that stuff too.  So look around, you are amoung friends. And always feel free to post anything you want, we're here for you.
Your new friend,
Magi
LoL.........see how you are .........now your so popular were  going to have to go thru your "people" to get a message to and from you.  lol.  Welcome to the forum.  I hope you feel better........:-)

Nauty...............
Hey I don't think I have any friends on my profile either, but that might just be because I haven't worked on it a lot.  Anyway I would so love to be your friend too (and anyone else who reads this!).  I noticed being emotional too, I think it's because finally we can really feel things, where as before we were either numb or in the process of.  The being able to feel more isn't so bad though, some things are so much better.

Hang on,
Lisa  
We can never have too many friends. I know that I was on here for several days and had one or two people send my "friendship invites" and personal messages. They were life savers. I have found that the longer you're on here, the more you post, the more people will get to know you.

I don't think that anyone wants any one of us to feel alone or like an outsider. I know personally that I sometimes hesitate to send pm's to people I haven't had much contact with - don't want to feel like a stalker.

I would love to be friends with both of you. The support we get from each other is invaluable!
I'm in!!!! I'll be your friend... ;)
I'll go read your journal. I'm looking forward to all the free time you have...oh wait a minute..look at all those friends and posts...well, I hope I'm not too late.
Take Care and we'll be around,
Newgirl
You are amazing! You commented on my "life story" what you said was really uplifting...you are so giving and i say that because you have your own problems (i read in your profile) and you still wanted to help someone else...i remembered your post and im so thank full for it. we also have alot in common...i so understand what you said about the pharmacists knowing who you are and the weird methods of doing things lol but you are soooo strong and selfless...keep being that strong and you will make it....stay strong and im here if you need to talk to someone :)
Wow...so I've tried to reply to everyone's messages! Yikes! I am feeling so dang popular! lmao!! You're responses have been amazing guys and I'm glad I posted this in the long run...'cause now I really do feel like I'm part of the family! :)

If I didn't get a chance to respond directly to you...I'm very sorry...but I did get a chance to read everyone's notes but with 17 notes and 13 messages...I mightta been here all day! However...I'm grinning ear to ear and it was sooo nice to read everyone's words of encouragement and see all those friend invitations. Can't wait to get to know everyone a little better...hope everyone's having as good a day as I am today.

And...if for some reason you're not on my friends list...but asked me to add you...please send me an invite...'cause I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if I added everyone that asked me to. :)

I'll be sure to check in later this afternoon.
Take care folks...and thanks a million!
Mel :)