Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Stop snorting my pills!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Stop snorting my pills!!

I have degen disc's and my spine is really hurt from genes and car accidents, I am 29 and my doctors have me on Avinza 90 2xday and 15mg roxicet 6xday ..  I always run out early and I am buying the 10/325's from friends and snorting all the drugs.  My plan is to stop snorting the drugs and get back to takin the drugs.  Well not get back to taking the drugs, Get to takin them.   I have always been a snoting addict.  I have been doing it for the past 8 years.  I feel as if I have done damage to my lungs and body that will never come back, and that usually gives my mind reason to keep on hurting myself.  I feel like if I wernt obbsessed with snorting the pills that I wouldnt run out early and need to purchase from friends.  (Which really are not friends, just scumbags with pills who rip you off).  I am not proud of this, but have tried other drugs, muscle relaxers, yoga, chiropracter, and many other ways to get rid of pain.  

Can someone give me advice or tell me how they stopped snorting the pills?  I keep praying to god to help me, and i know its not god that is screwing up every morning. Its me.  I have tried to get off of the pills and the pain was so much to bear.   I used to take suboxone and stopped the pills for 8 months.  Durring that time i would snort my valium.  (which i do not take any benzos anymore, just the opiods).  But I did ok, just had pain.   There has to be a way to get back to my normal dose and stop putting this in my nose.  I am a director at a company and it would be horrible if someone saw the crap in my nose and called me out.  :(  I am tired of doing it.  Just need to tell myself to stop and stop?  Wein how much i do it?  I was thinking if i wake up tomorrow to try to put half a roxy under my toungue and go back to bed like i did with suboxone.  THen wake up and hop in the shower!  

Nose thats tied!
I do not snort the avinzas. I take them. So i know i can take a pill!
Dunno...U seem to not be admitting yet that u are an addict..perhaps u r not..but u r exhibiting addictive behavior big time...most of the time an addict can not use succesfully..perhpas u can be among the few who can pull this off...who knows???
Tapering down on snorting and subsituting swallowing for some of ur doses may help...have heard of snorters getting clean like this//but not snorters who planned on reverting back to a swallower...
Buying pills, running out early, snorting pills...are all advanced addictive behaviors...snorting is a routine//a ritual on top of it being physcially habit forming....best way to do it is just to Stop....but if u r an addict this is easier said than done..addiction controls an addict..and it always will...there is no getting around it
there is alot of info in the health pages including the thomas recipe...I am sorry but I am not versed in advice on continuing to use sucessfully once addicted..keep posting
I know what you mean!  That is why I am so scared.  I am the first usually to admit that I am an addict and need to get back to living again.  Thank you for the reply!  This morning so far I havent snorted anything.  I am heading to work now where I wont be able to and then hopefully when I get home I will be just as gravy!  I have been using a pain journal to document when I take (or snort) a pill and I think that has helped me actually see the increase on paper where as just watchin a bottle drop down to nothing is much easier to get out of control.  I think that I may try to goto the gym on the way home and then right to band practice after that.  Its one of those things if I keep my mind busy I wont take as many pills.  So I know that is addiction.  I understand why you wouldnt have advice to go back to normal usage of meds.  THey are the devil!

Thank you!
Today was the first day I am going to bed and have taken UNDER my aloted pills!  And today I only snorted TWO halfs to make my nose stop runing! I really feel as if I can kick the snorting thing and maybe even cut back on my pill input to eventually taper to something else other then narcotics for my pain relief! Just wanted to update!
Any cutback is an improvement.Tomorrow don't snort any .Just use a kleenex and blow your nose instead if it bis running..
Good luck with your taper and when you are ready to jump we will help you.
Get all the vitamins and nutrients to help your nervous system and immune system.
Keep us posted
Reminds me of an old grade school joke....you might think my nose is running..but it's not. haha
Great jayson.....stopping snorting is a great step!  Sometimes we figure out that this stuff can lead to crazy behaviors like crushing pills and niffing them into our lungs...stopping can often be in small steps....keep posting here cos there is alot of support...it will come to u when u r ready..and the forum is always here

Congrats on No Snorting!  tough to stop doing that..if u can do that u can top copmpletely one day soon...keep posting
I am currently on day 3 of detoxing from snorting vicodins and I can tell ya first hand that quitting sniffing then is worse then quitting at all..I take suboxones only a quarter in the am and quarter in the pm for my body pain..only small doses cuz I am a small girl but the nose and throat pain are def the worst to deal with like I said I'm on day 3 and my nose is still running not as much and my throat doesn't really hurt my head is the worse its a major migriane but I was doing them at work if I went out I had to do them In The bathroom..I just don't know how ur gonna beable to quit sniffing but still swallow them to me that wouldn't happen I have to quit all together..let me know if u have any questions I'm hear to help!!