Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Stop

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Stop

I have been prescribed Clorzapate for anxiety, however the doc does not know that I take hydrocodone.  Can I use the clorzapate to taper off the hydro?  Have not taken the Clorzapate at all yet cause I'm concerned about combining and guilt.
i dont know what the clorzapate is, but if yougoogle it it should tell you what interactions it has.
i googled it and it is a long acting benzo and it does say tell your dr if you take narcotic pain meds.   be careful it is addictive too.
Yes, I read all about it.  I know it is addictive.  I only have ONE presc. for it and want to take advantage of using it to get off the hydro....can I use it to do this?
if you are quitting the hydros i dont think it would be a problem.  it should help some withthe wds.  good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks, I get very concerned with combining things....and have to be "available" all the time.  Want to taper.