Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sub withdraw natural remedies?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Sub withdraw natural remedies?

My husband is on his 5th day of sub withdraw and he has not slept at all in two days?  Any help for the not sleeping, he took 3 advil PM and no help, he also took an ambien and nothing?

He's very sick to his stomach and in the bathroom every hour, he's hot then cold, chills and his back hurts really bad.

Can anything help?
been thru it here:
here's the deal with sub. You think your problems are over because you feel like you did before you ever took a pill, but it is not. The stuff is like 150 times stronger than morphine but it has some blocking thing that prevents you from getting high.
answer(s): Thomas Recipe and Amino acid recipe at the bottom right. I was skeptical, but they work.
1) go back on vicodin for a month and withdrwawl from that. it will be easier.
2) start the vitamines now.
warm baths too. yur skin is a living organism and these will help so much.
back on the vicodin does not sound like a great idea, he's 5 days in cold turkey, how long will the symptoms last if he toughs it out?
i'm on sub too-it sounds like he is taking waaaaaayyy too much-i'm not an expert tho. Can he call his dr.?
I am 48 years old. I was clean for 13 years. I hurt my back and refused to take pain medication for 2 years, but I finally gave up and started to take Vicodines.
'Soon after I got a hold of somebody and got on Oxicontins. I was on it of and on for 2 years.
I heard about Subutex and went on it for 6 weeks and tapered to 1 mg for the last 10 days, but when I stopped I went through withdrawls really really bad.
I found the drugs from a friend and stayed on 8-16 mg a day for 6 months and went back to Oxi again.
My last trip I took the sub I tapered to 1 mg in 21 days. I need to tell you that staying off subs has been my worst experience in my life. I was a herin addict for many years and I never felt this bad and uncomfortable from staying away from any drug like the subs.
I have been clean for over 10 weeks and I am still feeling the effect of the subs.
Please educate yourself before taking this drug. I wished I knew what I know now then or I would never never take this drug to begin with.
Sub is a real B**** to get off of!

I had tapered from 16mg down to .5mgs and had a hell of a time.  I ended up increasing for awhile back to 4mgs, and am now working my way down again.

Even if you taper down to a crumb a day, wd's are not too pleasant, but it can indeed be done!

Best of luck to you
Henry
Hot bath in epson salt helps alot.Imodium (immodium) will help him with his bathroom trips.Tell him to stay hydrated ,make him drink water and gateraid,if his arms and legs are sore at night I would take a hot bath in epson salt and would stay in there till the water got cold,I would eat a banana and then I would have my husband rub my arms and legs down with muscle cream,I would place a heating pad under my knees and I put icey hot sleeves(walmart)on my elbos and knees and that would help my body pain alot and sometimes I would even sleep for a few.Get him the vitamins and the amino's.Also melatonin (sp?) may also help him to sleep.He is lucky to have you help him through this.I hope this helps some.