Suboxem Withdrawl after 7 years
I've been on suboxem for 7 years (16 mg day). My Dr lowered dose to 8 mg day for one month then 6 mg day but would not listen to me when I told her how awful and anxious that I was feeling-everyone is different. I got Valium on my own and it really did help (I know not the smartest thing to do but I was desperate). I received a letter from my Dr to tell me that she will no longer treat me due to positive benzo on drug test.  Now, what should I do? I have all of the withdrawl symptions-weak, restless legs, insomnia, chills & sweats--the list goes on.  Should I find another Dr. and tell my story? Ready to use just to stop feeling this bad!
HI there!

Yes, unfortunately you didn't handle this properly, as you know.  Most sub docs do not permit the use of benzos at ALL with sub, due to a contraindication, but even if they did, yours was obviously not prescribed.  They were totally justified discharging you unfortunately.

You could try to find a new clinic who would be willing to take you on as a patient, and yes, you should be honest with them.  A sub taper should be done slowly and gradually, and there can be some w/d symptoms, being that your dose is on the higher side, and you were still on a pretty reasonable dose, you shouldn't have had but a few days of some mild symptoms.  And you're right, everyone is different.  Your doc should have listened to your input and slowed the taper down.

It's really not a good idea to try to come off at your current dose, w/ds will likely be pretty awful.  The Suboxone clinic I worked at recommended people taper down to AT LEAST 0.5mg before stopping completely, and even at that dose, there usually is some level of w/d.

Using isn't an option, try to get yourself back on track, and if you can find a new doc, you need to be compliant with the clinic's rules, which includes not using any other substances they don't know about and are okay with (and can verify through a valid script).  Consider that a lesson learned!

You can find another doc in your area by going to:

www.suboxone.com

Good luck, let us know how you're doing!
I'd find someone else, and be up front. Subs are a bear to kick, despite the literature. I'm on 4 mg. and maybe undermedicated. But an 8 mg at once drop is huge. Even 6 mg. is like dropping from over 200 mg. morphine. It's a very strong drug.

Others may have different opinions, and I'm not a good judge. I'm struggling with subs myself.

I just don't think I'd try to come off that amount on my own.