Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone & Adderall(adderrall)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone & Adderall(adderrall)

Can u take both?   I was reading up on adderall (adderrall) & just was curious!
I'm not sure. I wouldn't take it unless you need it - as in it's prescribed by the same doctor who prescribes the sub. But google sub and adderall (adderrall) interactions that might give you more info.
why do u want to take both?   adderall (adderrall) is a habit forming drug and if u r on sub then ur goal is to get clean..is it medically necessary for u to take an ADD drug?
i take (or took, rather) both. there is no interaction (or very little). they work on (mostly) different receptors. but one is a CNS depressant, the other a CNS stimulant and should not interact. i'm not a doctor, but have taken both (and more) at the same time and i'm still here to write this. ; )

the immediate issue with Sub is decreased respiratory function, as with all opiates. but if you've taken Sub before and have a tolerance to it, then i don't see anything to worry about. you can always start out small and take it from there. i DO find that Adderall (adderrall) does help with w/d symptoms to an extent.

there are reports on the web about people mixing Xanax with Suboxone (buprenorphine) and dying. the reports seem to gloss over that these people were SHOOTING these substances. so in the case that you are shooting them. don't.

Adderall (adderrall) can be psychologically habit-forming, but i don't even like it enough to abuse it. feels like i drank 20 cups of coffee. yuck.

and good luck getting off the Subs. it is not nearly as bad as a full-blown oxy w/d, but it lasts a loooooong time. i have been tempted many many many many many many many (you get the idea) times to just go get some Vics and cold-turkey off of them rather than deal with the drawn-out torture of long-acting opiates (Subs).

good luck
e1

Regarding the comment about mixing xanax and sub causing death is somewhat suprising.  I have a friend who just started suboxone last week, and his doctor sent him home with a script for 30 xanax.  I thought it was odd when he told me that, but I'm really wondering about these docs that prescribe suboxone!
yes in reality you can take both, but you need to be very careful. no, most likely, you wont die, but ttaking such a potent upper and downer at the same time plays some major tricks on your brain..your blood pressure and temp. want to go up, and at the same time you have major respirtatory depression, slowed breathing, so it definitely in no way benefits your body in anyway. I was on 32 mgs daily of suboxone for 8 months but after shattering my wrist I switched to a methadone treatment. I have been going for 7 monthsa nd am on 95 mgs daily. I have taking both adderall (adderrall)(up to 80mgs at one time), xanax(up to 8 mgs), and my daily methacdone and I am fine, but that is not recovering fully. Yes i am prescribed all of them(crazy i know), but soe ppl react badly or are sensitive to any one of theses potent drugs and could react badly and die.
I am on Adderall (adderrall) and the same dr  is about to put me on sub. he is weaning me off my klonipin (klonopin) before he put me on the sub but right now Im on mantience methadone 150 mg a day and adderall (adderrall) and klonopin and im ok
im on xanax, adderall (adderrall), & suboxone... My pharmacist said I should try to avoid taking xanax & suboxone at the same time but its fine if there a couple hrs apart, & not to take them together at night time. Its hard on your heart/body when you take uppers & downers together.
i don't agree. I have been on heroin for 10 years. methadone for 5, heroin again for 2 years and suboxone for 18 months. the withdrawal symptoms are minimal....kicking methadone is pure agony and thats for a long time. Regarding the adderrall, mr. dr will give it to me for 2 months after i am off opiates since i have trouble focusing, etc.
I take 3 mg of klonopin a day as well as 24mg of suboxone a day my sub doctor knows I get it from my family doctor because of a long history of panic attacks that also run in my family he has never brought up the dangers of mixing the two. They help me sleep since alot of time people who are on a high dose of sub have trouble sleeping. I have been on suboxone for 3 years and tommorrow will start to slowly tapper myself off with the help of my doctor. Its strange though I have no insurance and sometimes I cant afford my suboxone until my next paycheck and I can go 4 to 5 days until I feel the withdrawel affects its almost like methadone. Is it true that suboxone is stronger than morphine and is in mircograms no milligrams? just curious
wow i thought i was the only person to ever mix adderall (adderrall) and subs lol...   i had an addiction to amphetamine in 9th-10th grade in highschool and for the past 2 years i have been going a little bit... over board with oxy 80s...  ;-) lol to say the least. i dont do much oc these days (**** is waaaaay to expensive) but i'm still cleaning out my body completely of opiates.. so take a quarter of a sub here and there and i take adderall (adderrall).. it's always struck me as a funny combonation.. and as far as xans go.. yes please! lol