Suboxone & Tramadol
Can Tramadol HCL be taken for pain when you are on suboxone? Several people have said its a narcotic & others say its fine. I'm on Suboxone now, but still have horrible back pain. I've also heard if you take Tramadol with Suboxone it can cause severe WD. Can someone please tell me what to do
I have heard two diffrent things as well I have heard of doctor using sub to get them off tram .Then I have heard people on sub say they took tram. ASK YOUR DOCTOR he is going to be the only one that is going to know for sure and you really dont want to make a mistake

What I can tell you is tram is Highly addicting I would not take it its my DOC I have been clean for two years.
Avisg is right, only your doctor can give advice of this nature.  However, just by knowing the receptor that Tramadol and Suboxone work on in the brain would give a good indication that they should not be taken at the same time.  I don't know this for a fact, but I would be willing to bet that Suboxone would override Tramadol, resulting in no real effect from Tramadol.  Both Suboxone and Tramadol are active at the mu receptor on the brain.  Since Suboxone has a very high affinity for this receptor, it would already have the receptor full and I doubt that Tramadol would kick it out.  The chances of going into withdrawal are very high.  My advice would be not to mix the two, but check with your doctor before you make a decision.