Suboxone & a glass of wine??? OK??
I just started Suboxone on Tuesday for my addiction to Hydro's & Today is my Daughters Bday party & I was just wondering if it is ok to have 1 or 2 glasses of red wine?    Im not a big drinker but like i said, I just wanted to know if a glass was okay.....
I wouldn't chance it. If you are anything like me, when my judgement is a little bit clouded my addiction steps in & takes over. A little wine would let my guard down. Also, I'm not sure if the combo of alcohol & sub is safe.
Always have to say that it isnt worth the chance. I would doubt it to cause an adverse reaction, but also depends on other medication you are taking, how alcohol affects you, amongst other things. Ive been on sub for over 70days now and have drank a few beers on occassion. Im not a big drinker at all, maybe couple times a month with friends watching football I'll have a beer or two, and Ive found that I really dont feel well later on and even the next morning and Im not one to have hangovers, but Ive decided no drinking at all until Im off suboxone. No one can say for sure its absolutely safe to drink any amount of alcohol while on varying amounts of suboxone. If you do end up drinking just be aware and try to keep it to the lowest amount you can, cause it can potentially cause some very serious problems. Take care.
you would be fine if its one glass, but anymroe and your really risking an instant death. suboxone is really stronger approximately 25-40% stronger on a mg to mg basis than morphine so taking it with other depressants like alcohol is very dangerous. just be careful, and even though your not a big drinker or dont ahve a history of that you have an addictive personality and a disease that will turn anything else into an addiction, so even though its just ONE glass of wine, it may turn into another battle, jsut be careful, better safe than sorry-christos
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!
I don't think it's a good idea. I hope you don't stay on it too long. I hate to see people addicted to hydro become addicted to sub. I think long term sub for hydro is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. all the best
Yesterday I completed Day 4 off of Vicodin. I was a bit stressed out, anxious, had the racing heart, and just wanted SOMETHING to take the edge off. I have some liquor here from awhile ago and considered having a drink or two just to take the edge off... After all, I reasoned, my DOC is opiates, not booze... However, I read your post about how it tends to cloud your judgment and a little while later found myself sitting there with a drink poured in front of me. I regarded it for awhile... Probably 40 minutes or better... Then I poured it down the sink. I don't think if I have one drink to calm my nerves, I will spiral out of control and fall off again... But that line of thinking has not done me well in the past. I re-assessed my stress level and realized that I did not feel as badly as I had before. I then realized that I felt really pretty damned good about doing that... About making a smart decision instead of an easy one. And when I really thought about it... I realized that I really didn't want that drink anyway. I just needed to take a freaking minute and breathe and think.

So... Thanks. You helped some 30 year old in Texas with one sentence and you didn't even know it... I thought you should.
good decision. the drink bone is connected to the drug bone.
lol@that