Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone A "Street Drug" ??? Huh???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone A "Street Drug" ??? Huh???

So Some may know that my babysitter stole 26 of my Suboxone pills......
Im trying to figure it out still--- WHY?
Is this a HOT DRUG now ?  Why would someone wanna buy this?
Whats the deal?
Sub is worth a lot of money.. People have figured out the same thing I would of.. How to stay well till your next fix..  People that come on the forum are usually at the bottom so there desire is there to get clean.. But on the street it is a whole different story.. lesa
I know people that buy and sell sub's. Th people i know who buy them, get them in hopes of getting clean, or atleast to help them get through the worse part of the W/D's.
I live in northern Va where oxy and heroin are huge on the street. Most of my oxy hookups always had sub to sell as well. It was mainly for those whose DOC was oxy. If the dealer didnt have enough oxy that particular day he'd  offer sub to get you through till he got more oxy. Vise-Versa with heroin. So yeah, sub has a pretty high street value around here. Another thing is that for people with no to low opioid tolerance, 2mg of sub can get you pretty effed up from what I hear. so that may have something to do with it as well. Just my experience, hope it helps!!!
God Bless
~Howie
oh yea those lil orange pills are like bars of gold for a user i would hear of people buying em for as much as 50 bucks a single pill but usually like in range of 15-20 bucks per pill so yea 26 of em make u A) alot of money or B) keep u not w/d ing till ur next high.... so either u baby sitter gota problem or is making money of em cause she nos this either way shes gota go as being around ur kids or anything in ur home.
i dont think ur rite bout getting high cause im on 16mg of sub a day i just came off of 22mgs a day and idont feel high at all mayb cause i need it but i think u may have been mis informed or i just dont get that reaction ur not suppose to get high from em thast what i was told and have experienced.
You absolutely can get "high" from Sub... or so say the medical folks  ..  and some abusers ....   my daughter is an oxy addict and has bought Sub because it is cheaper,  not to hold off w/d's  but there are other ways to use Sub than orally to achieve that high. (just like oxy,  she doesn't take that orally)  I don't want to give out any instructions on how to abuse Sub, (unfortunately there are too manywebsites with the "how to" which absolutely amazes me)   I   was incredibly naive when I found it during one of my bedroom "sweeps" of my child.......   thinking  because she had the Sub (once I found out what it was) she wanted to quit her drug addiction.  According to her  addiction councelor alot of oxy users will cross over to either  heroin  or Sub due to the cost when they dont have the monies to buy their true DOC  oxy.        

Using  Sub as it is  perscribed is like all drugs,  you don't get high,  but gosh knows addicts can figure out a lot of ways to get the max out of whatever drug  they have available to them that is even remotely close to what they abuse.....
MANY people are getting high off of sub regardless of what they like to say which is it cant make you high ...I put that is the same catagory of tramadol is not addictig as many of us found the hard way thats incorrect. I is becoming a very big street drug and that is very sad
sells for 10 bux a piece on the street...and more...dont know but they do...guess people dont wanna get stuck without pills and go thru wds when not ready..some cycle on and off sub...use their doc then an easy out as no suffering really..makes it convenient..also a low quantity user gets high off sub so could be a drug of choice for some
i didnt no that cause i am taking sub now and i feel nothing off it other than that god aweful taste in my mouth but i guess everyones diffrent.
what was ur dose and doc?   i have used it and i was an 80-100 mg a day hydro user..2 mg and i got a definite jolt....everyone is different like u said but the drug is potentially habit forming as far as i can tell and it is a scheduled narcotic....i am meeting with a lady next week for a study i am helping with at my aftercare group...she says she will convince me that sub is not habit forming...that there is no way as it is a partial agonist....she said i will be a challenge to convince but i told her i was willing to listen to her argument...she is not an addict and i am gathering proof to debate her with....her group advertises sub to addicts here as being non-addictive and no problem to get off of at all...but it is hard to for sure say as like u said everyone is different

It seems that some can get high from sub and others can not... I dont understand why this is, but would make for an interesting case study.

I unfortunatelly am one of those that does indeed get a very intense buzz from sub, and only through oral use.  I have never altered my sub in ANY way.

I found this out through a complete mistake forgetting when I last took my dose.  I was at .5mgs and accidentally took 2mgs (My own stupidity not paying attention)  After taking that pill I was blitzed for hours... this scared the living H*** outta me!

Please be careful out there.

H
How do I know partner, father of my 3 kids is taking heroin. He has a history witrh lots of others, in recent times tabs. Recently after 5 months abandonent he said to me during an argument about his careless attitude that "You would make anyone want to stick a needle in their are". I thought this was a strange thing to say considering as far as I know this was not his problem area. Why didn't he say I was enough to make him take tabs??? Either way it was a harsh and selfish thing to say considering yet again I am left to pick up the pieces. My fam still msay cut him out cos my enabling is preventing him hit rock bottom. Tonight he is with someone who is a user. Why do I keep hoping he will, burst in the door remorseful and treat me with huge respect? Our 3 kids, that is why but even though he is going to NA meetings, I can't trust him. His tests are coming back negative for opiates but positive for benzos as of 2 weeks ago. He is adamant it is his seroxat but the rehab unit won't accept him because they only work with clean addicts. Should I just take my families advice and move on, cut him out. I can't believe a word he tells me, it's all excuses. Big respect to those addicts who are really trying and making change happen before it is too late  
GET RID OF THAT BABYSITTER!  You might want to be more careful with whom you leave your children with.  I have seen alot of things in my time working for Child Protective Services.  Please think of your children, and do a complete check on who watches your kids!!!!!  Just some friendly advise.  

Princess 2000