Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone and Painkillers

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone and Painkillers

I have been tapering down off of suboxone for around 7 months now.  I am down to 4-6 mg a day.  My question is, if I were to take tylenol 3 with codiene in it, would I get sick?  What would happen if I took painkillers while on suboxone?
You should not take pain meds while on sub other than over counter stuff it will make you sick. I didnot relize how well sub managed my pain till i got off the sub I would start having pain any time i got below 8mg but i did get off sub lost ins. and had to and glad i did my pain showed something worse that needed taken care of that i didnot know i had cuz the sub covered the pain
You could physically take the T3 - it won't make you sick. But sub is an opiate blocker so the T3's pain relieving effects would be low, if not nonexistant. If you do take them, you'd have to push back your sub dose cuz taking the sub while the T3 is still circulating in your system would make you sick.
Why do you want to take painkillers while on the sub? If you have pain maybe you should talk to your doctor. Personally, I've gotten no type of pain relief from the sub at all, in fact I've had the opposite effect but everyone is different and length of treatment plays a part I'm sure.
i had ankle reconstruction surgery and have been prescribed Tylenol 4. i was on 2 mgs of suboxone . is it possible to take both?