Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone and Prozac or Celexa

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone and Prozac or Celexa

I have a question, I know that no one here is a dr but I'll give it a shot anyway. My husband and I recently stopped snorting oc's. We went to a dr and they put me on 5mg prozac and my husband on 5mg of celexa. He also gave us small small doses of seroquell for anxiety and to help us sleep. A friend gave us 2 8mg suboxone's and about 10 2mg xanax bars. I know you can't mix the xanax with suboxone, but what about the anti-depressents. A few times when we stopped we've taken suboxone and its helped alot with the whole cravings and energy thing. We are over the physical parts of the w/d's ....sort of. We are just always tired but cant sleep, very anxious, i cry a lot, and NO energy at all. would it hurt us to use 1/4 pieces as needed to help with those feelings? i know where to get them if we need more sub, im just sick of feeling like this ya know, ive got 2 small kids and cant take this anymore.....any advice???????????
Avatar n tn
5 mg of celexa isn't even a theriputic dose I'm on 40mg and the starting dose is 20 so whats up thats not going to do nothibng prozacI kn ow nothing about.
Avatar n tn
antidepressant really help if you get the right dose and I'd stay away from the seriquel did you read the warnings antidepressants help me with my life you see I have a severly retarded child and it helps me cope I also have a normal child and hes alot of work too.  good fro you getting off the pills I'm happy hand in there girl.
i thought it was weird too. that he started both of us on such low doses. that's why I didn't know if it was safe or not to take the suboxone. We just want to feel better so badly. Im NEVER touching an OC again. I went through hell for 10 straight day's. IM just looking for a boost to get over the hump ya know, last time we took the sub. i would take a quarter to a half pill throughout the day and it did the trick, but i wasnt on an anti-depressent ya know, either of us. I know there's no quick fix I just need a little helper, i do have the seroquell but it doesnt really help the anxiety and the more i take the more sleepy i get, and thats a big nono with 2 kids........ive also been trying to smoke my way through but it makes me lazy....it does calm me a bit but then Im sooo tired.......When does this crappy feeling go away. We started abusing oc's not even a year ago, why is this so hard?
Avatar n tn
you havn't quit that long give it time and the antideprssants can give you a boost if you take enough up the dose with your doc of course.  celexa iis good works for me I'm pretty stable now not too much bothers me anymore thank god for that  good luck hang in there that stuff plays havoc it s a powerful narcotic so it takes time to ajust the party's over so rt of seak life is good without pills .
So is it safe to take the anti depresents win suboxone together I never actually seen the sstraiht forward answer. Is it ok to take Prozac and suboxone together ?
I wouldn't mix anything with subs.  I wouldnt' be taking subs without doctor supervision.  Just a thought.  It is all much more beneficial when a doctor is helping you through all this.  
I have been on Celexa for over a year now.  When I kicked the methadone clinic, I was on 16mg suboxone, and 40mg Celexa, under doctors supervision.  I never noticed any side effects from the combination.  Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
I know how u feel.  The best thing for u is to get in a suboxone treatment center.  Stay away from anything else!! Be careful u will only get hooked on a diffrent drug. Dont try to self medicate as much as u may feel like u need to.