Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone and Weed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone and Weed

I really hope someone helps me with this...

Can you smoke weed if you are on suboxone?

Can you feel the effects of the weed?

Will it throw me into a detox?

Does suboxone block all substances or just opiates? If I drink alcohol or anything other than an opiate will I feel the effects or will the suboxone alter the usual effect I get, like from weed or alcohol?

I had asked about the weed and subox before but nobody answered me. I am dying to smoke a bowl, but I am scared :) :) :)

leelee
Hey, I don't know the answer to that question but I sure wish I could smoke a bowl lol...  I've been smokin' every nite with hubby for about 14 years and I quit my job to get away from the people that has pills to sell after workin' there for 4 years so I can't even smoke goin' through stoppin the pills too.  I'm lookin' for a job so I can't :( whahhhhh lol...  Have a great nite k?  God bless u. lil.
Suboxone is prescribed to get off drugs, it is for W/D's

Your asking about smoking weed and drinking with the suboxone?

Did you ever consider quitting drugs and alcohol?

you really make me laugh!!  I always read your stuff and either learn something or LOL.  How are you doing by the way?
Anna Nicole died from a dirty needle is the latest word on that subject.  Anyhow, are you really feeling that good with the sub and nothing else?  How many percs were you taking in a day?  Do you have the aches down into your bones and fire in your joints?  I'm just curious because I really want to quit but can't imagine surviving withdrawal.  And I take 20-24 percs a day.  Any info will help, thanks
Peete
Cool...thanks a lot people. I knew that someone around here would know the answer to that. I think I am going to kick back and try to chill for a little bit.

I started suboxone on Tues evening and haven't had a perc since then!!!  :)   I have no complaints - in fact, I can't belive how good I feel. The only problem is that I have had anxiety (I have had issues in the past).  I don't know if it's part of some minimal W/D or a side effect of the subox. I do have a prescripton for xanax, but my subox doc said I should be very careful with that and use it sparingly. Since he scared the **** out of me, and with all the Anna Nicole stuff of mixing legally prescrived drugs I am really not trying to take the xanax. Weed relaxes me and I am so happy I do not have to give it up!

lil_rab2005....BooHoo to you too :(  My boyfriend has random test at his work and can't smoke either. He is soooooo jealous. LOL  I'd be mad too.

***@**** lookin out - thank you :)

thanx for all your help
heya Mis Take.its nice 2 know sum1 reads my posts.im doin good thanx.am phsycing myself up for a reduction on monday from 37.5 to 35mgs mdone.its too cold to surf lately but the snows looking good.i hope u and hubby r doin ok on sub.take care 4 now.
regards J
well i can tell you one is that your w/d will not be easy especially if your taking that much. but i can also tell you that anyone can do it and sub really really really does help. i was an oxy addict, smoking about 4 80mg pills atleast every day and the sub has me sober and feelin great!!!! give it a try and im sure you will be very suprised
OK I WANTED TO KNO IF I COULD SMOKE ON SUBOXONE AS WELL SOOO I FOUND THIS FORUM...  NOW BEEN ON 2 8MG STRIPS A DAY! TOOK MY NITE DOSAGE AS PERSCRIBED AND THEN KICKED BACK SMOKED A FAT GRANDADDY PURP! IM STILL ALIVE TO POST THIS RITE? ALL WENT WELL! NOW FOR SOME BRAIN FOOD... SUBOXONE DOES WORK GREAT ON ITS ON FOR WD! BUT.... BE CAREFUL MIXING WITH BENZOS (XANAX) FOR SURE IT CAUSES REALLY SLOW OR STOPPED BREATHING... HOPE THAT HELPS YALL!  ;)