Suboxone short term use?
Hey all - I'm currently using suboxone to detox from a 2 gram a day codeine addiction - I'm late into day 4 of a 1 week program where I took 6mg on day 1, then 8mg, 6mg for two days, 4 mg for two days then 2mg for the last day.

As I said I'm on day 4 (6mg today, 4 mg tommorow) and I feel completley normal - I had very slight symptoms on day 1 and 2 (slight headache that hung on) and some very slight aching in my joints and back yesterday, but today I feel fine.

My question is has anyone else out there used Suboxone just for a 1 week detox as well? I'm getting conflicting reports from Doctors and other (long term) Suboxone users of what to expect at the end. Any help from someone who has used Suboxone for a similar program would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all - Kev.
We have some members who have used Sub short term.  They will be on at some point.  The weekends are usually quiet here.
I didnt use suboxone for only a week but i used it for 3 months to get off a 2 yr methaonde habit and before that I used every pill out there for a few years. When i used suboxone for those three months the tapper was very easy and i never experienced any withdrawals. When i made the jump i jumped from 2 mgs and experienced very doable withdrawls. I even slept like a baby the first few nights. Hope i helped some....Ang.
Hi Kev,

Hopefully you are getting the rest that you needed. Just to follow up on what we talked about this morning....you are going to go back to your support group, right? You know the risk of relapse is great with a short detox so make sure you stick to that. You will have this behind you soon and you can get on living life clean!!!

Let us know how you are doing.
Hello. I just wanted to add my perspective. I also used suboxone as a way to finally conclude a lengthy(12 year) methadone addiction. I was inducted in a residential detox facility and was medicated with suboxone for 2 weeks. My dose was incrementally lowered from my initial 16 mg induction dose. I have been drug free ever since which is almost 3 and a half years ago.

Incidentally, my wife also successfully completed a short subutex taper prior to emigrating here to NZ. It was shear coincidence that we met and shared a similar tale about suboxone.

These brief suboxone courses are standard practice in many European countries( including France where suboxone has been used since the mid 1990s) the Antipodes( Australia,NZ,South Africa) and some Oriental countries like Thailand etc..Prolonged suboxone tapers( longer than 1 month) are, for the most part,a uniquely North American phenomenon. Contrary to IBK s comments, there is no documented correlation between premature relapse and length of suboxone taper.

All the best. Regards Jeremy.
I've been very ill ,bed ridden and on oxicodone for 3 years . I've had spine sx.
and I'm able to walk now. .I've been taking suboxone for one week and feel
the same urge as when I was taking oxy.I've been taking 10 mg. a day.
Which is not my prescribed dose. I'm very dissapointed . My friend
told me the urge to want more would not be there with suboxone.
After care is crucial. AA, Therapy, something to deal with other aspects of addiction seems to be the key to the last craving.