Suboxone/subutex during and after pregnacy
If anyone has questions about what effects suboxone/subutex  withdrawals during pregnancy has on a newborn. Feel free to ask whatever. I'm going through a hard time with my daughter who is a week old today, who is going through withdrawals and it is very hard and trying time.  
Hon, why did they release your baby if she was actively in w/d? I know someone that had a subutex baby 3 years ago and the baby wasn't released until their was no visible signs of w/d. For my own curiosity, how many mg of subutex were you on while pregnant?   Best of luck to you and ur little one!
Yes, best of luck to you both.  How are they treating your daughter?

I once had a patient who used Suboxone throughout her entire pregnancy, and her newborn daughter went through a VERY rough first couple of months.  Initially, she thought it was "colic", until both her and her healthcare providers realized what it was. :0(

She was afraid to be upfront with her OB during her pregnancy about the Sub, so they had no idea what was going on...and obviously all drug tests were negative.  Her daughter had some resp distress right after birth, and then the few months of being VERY VERY inconsolable.  TIME finally made things better, but she said it was horrible.

It's great that you're posting, b/c there isn't a lot of info out there about the effects of Sub use on newborns...and knowledge is power, IMO.  I hope your daughter gets through this swiftly and smoothly.  You're in my thoughts!
Luvinmylilgirl posted this in the wee hours this morning on an old thread.I pm'd her and told her that the information that she has because of what shes having to go through with her little one could help a lot of woman that come here who are in the same position.I hope she doesn't mind that I took the liberty to copy and paste that first post.I just really believe it might help a lot of women.

by luvinmylilgirl

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend
luvinmylilgirl
Female, 26 years
Elizabethton - TN
Member since Feb 2009
Mood: luvinmylilgirl sad but staying strong

, Feb 08, 2009 03:22AM
To: everybody who needs to about suboxone/subutex withdrawals on newborns and withdrawals while pregnant
I'm new here but I'm going through a really tough, hard, and EXTREMELY difficult time.
I just had my daughter on January 30th 09, and I was on subutex throughout my entire pregnancy. I was told not to go through withdrawals during the gestation cause it can harm the baby, on the other hand I was told the baby would not go through hard withdrawals. That they would be very mild, if any at all. Now for a week my daughter has been in the NICU for withdrawals. They have her on morphine and are starting to taper her down, but this is by far the worst thing I have ever seen or done. The guilt of knowing I done this to her, and knowing what she is going through is just awful. My poor baby is suffering cause of me and my feelings of not wanting to withdrawal, and I only done 2mgs a day. I hope this helps all who need it. I wish everyone the best of luck...
Reported Report this
Spam
Abuse
by luvinmylilgirl

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend
luvinmylilgirl
Female, 26 years
Elizabethton - TN
Member since Feb 2009

, Feb 08, 2009 03:28AM
To: anyone who this helps
If anybody has any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to help the best I can. My daughter weighted 7lbs 10oz. and 20.5 inches long. She didn't start showing signs of withdrawals until she was about 35hrs old, and it can start to show from immediately after birth to 3-4 days after birth. Hope this is helpful.
kim...thanks for sharing that info!

luvin.....Try not to let guilt consume you.  You were trying to do what you were told was best by remaining on the Sub (at a low dose no less).  Your daughter will come through this...and right now she is in capable hands, being safely slowly detoxed.  Just be there to love her and support her, and take it one day at a time.

My thoughts go out to your little one that she gets through this quickly, I cannot imagine how hard it would be to watch her go through something like that.  Hang in there...and keep posting.....this info is invaluable.  With as "popular" as Sub has become for detox....people need to know this.