Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone support low sex drive

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone support low sex drive

I have been on suboxone for about 4 days to get off 10-15 perk 10s a day.  One queestion i have is, is there anything i can do to increase my sex drive that this med has defenatly decreased.
Tags: Suboxone

I don't know what anyone here could possibly recommend. Everyone reacts differently to Suboxone. Some have no problems at all (me) and others have problems such as yours.

This is something you need to discuss with your doctor. If anyone here were to suggest a "pill" or something, it may react with the Suboxone. Better to have a professional assess your situation.

Best of luck.
for myself it's like relearning how to well........get horny and have fun in bed without being high. i seem a little reluctant to get "in the sack" but once i'm there i am fine. honestly i am feeling more than i was during sex since i'm no longer numb. when i was using i had to be high to want to have sex, or to do anything else for that matter. i hope your problem resolves itself in time. i have been keeping a suboxone diary, listing daily the effects it has on me with the hope that i can better help others with decision to sub or not to sub b/c it is a big decision. good luck. sway
I would ask your doctor who is prescribing suboxone.  There might be something you can do, but I'm sure you just have to get used to the meds!

That's not a good side effect though!!! : )
yea defenatly dont want to do anything anymore not being high.  I never did like to not know what was going on or nod out or any of that when i took pills is was to talk to people have interesting conversations make food, sex, new places all seem better now i dont have that.  I belive thats probably my problem that since im not high i dont want or like anything including sex. How did you best coupe with this sway
My boyfriend has the same problem. We are both Sub users, but i take a much smaller dosage than he does. My drive used to be out of control, almost sky-high, but it has lowered since I started Subs, almost to a now "normal" point (wanting it once a week usually, or twice a week at the very most). I'm not happy it has lowered though, I kind of liked the way I used to be. My boyfriend is a whole other story... his drive just Does Not Exist anymore. Its like he's forgotten sex even exists. This is not what I am used to, this is not how he once was. I have to remind him about sex every time I want it and I'm getting frustrated. I feel needy and I feel like I have to coerce him into it each time. Once he is engaged into it, he's usually fine, and enjoys it a lot... but there is a noticeable lack of passion, and drive, and creativity now that Subs have entered our lives. There's also no spontaneity. I know how he feels a little bit, but I can't really understand fully. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation, maybe we can all find a way out of this somehow... He's never been too good at explaining how he feels when it comes to this whole situation, I know he doesn't quite understand it either... I need to learn how to have more patience with him, but I need to understand things first. How can you just not want sex at all? Its just never happened to me to the extent it has with him.
I'm currently in a similar situation!! For the last 6 months I thought it was me! He didn't find me attractive anymore or he's cheating on me, but every other aspect of our relationship is perfect no other changes! So I got to digging around and have just recently found out that subs lower- or extinguish sex drives. I don't know what to do - He doesn't like talking about anything that has to do with his sex drive that's for sure - I guess he's in denial. My sex drive has always been through the roof, and now I'm lucky if I get it once a week...I've heard that if you taper your sex drive with come back bit by bit - he tried cutting his dosage in half and felt horrible for 4 days and went back to his original dosage...Im don't know what else to do
Thank you for sharing this with us.  I needed this information and it has helped me to understand the use of Suboxone more.