Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Subutex ?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Subutex ?

I have done a lot of drugs in my life and have never liked or been interested in opiates of any type(Luckily) because I have liked a lot of ohter things that I have struggled with and overcome. I have an 11 month old and after I delivered her and told the hospital I had NO PAIN and even checked out of the hospital 24 hours earld becasue everything went so well and I felt soo great but they did give me a prescription to perkacet which I took just becasue I tried a couple and they gave me a lot of energy which was great after just having a baby so I would take one and wun around the house feeling like superwoman and getting everything ready and organized for the baby and came to really like the perkacet so I had the Dr who is a family friend refill them a few times for me which mean after a year of being 100% sober throughout my pregnancy I had found a new drug that I really like but thought I would never do back to even drinking.

Enter Subtex:  My jusband is trying to get clean off of hydrocodone to which he has been addicted to for avbout 3 years.  I know he struggles and really wants to get better, but he went to a psych and was prescribed subutex which i knopw is an opiate and helps with withdrawels form the hydrocodone for him.  I dont know how it satrted but I was off the percocet and I guess looking for that feeling again and I starting unfortunatel sniffing little bits of the subutex.  It gav eme what I was looking for, basically a lot of energy and I dont feel the pain from a bad cart accident I was in years ago and am able to take care of my baby.  The problem is I really know nothing about this stuff, how I am hurting myself by sniffing it and what exactly it is.  I know pwople use it to get OFF heroin, and methadone, what kind of situation am I putting myself in by takinbg that as my first opiate and especially sniffing it.  I know I need to stop, didnt think that it was addictive, but I know I am already addicted to the feeling which I was never interested in before, I always like things that made me more social not things that made me sleepy.

So, that is the story and I would appreciate and info you could provide as far as what the stuff is, how hard it will be to stop (after about 3 weeks of 1/2 pill everyday) and what damage i can do or have done by sniffing it.

Thanks,
me
Damage by sniffing is the same with other pills.. It goes into the lungs which is bad and can cause brochial issues..as well as messing with the lining of the nose and the back of the throat..
Subutex is an opiate. and yes it is very addictive.. other countries that have had this drug available b4 the US did are having issues with addiction and diversion of this drug.. Parts of Asia have a bit of an epidemic with abuse of this drug.. A drug that was supposed to get people off of drugs.. Ironic..
the main issue here is you have to stop sniffing it.. immedietly.. Sniffing causes spikes in blood plasma levels which increase the physical addiction. Subutex is a very long lasting drug.. so coming off of it will not be as easy as stopping a shorter acting med like hydrocodone or percaset.. the withdrawl (withdrawal) will last alot longer due to the half life being 36-37 hours..people who come off of this have withdrawls for several weeks.. usually the symptoms are less intense than a short acting med but longer in duration. You need to taper off.. slowly.. Go to a quarter of a pill for a few days.. then a half of that.. etc..
i have been on subutex for 18 months,was on 16mg daily and have got down to 6mg, well,  thats what im prescribed but i always seem to take more, thats the addict in me.  I also sniff them which seems to give me a tiny buzz,ie energy. does anyone know for sure if doing this is bad for my health
is subutex just like suboxone? if not, what is the difference?
I THINK ITS THE SAME BUT SUBOXONE HAS NALTREXONE IN IT BUT THEN AGAIN SUBUTEX IS ALSO A BLOCKER.
Subutex and Suboxone ARE the same except for the Naltrexone which is in the Suboxone and keeps one from shooting up the drug because that is the main way the Naltrexone works.   When you dissolve the suboxone under your tongue as you are suppose to the Naltrexone is not absorbed much and is out of your system in an hour or so.  Most doctors don't prescribe the Subutex in the US because you become too addicted and it is misused (Just like the original poster who immediately snorted instead of swallowing ) just for a bigger high.  I am tapering off Suboxone starting tomorrow and think I will do fine!
suboxone has a little of a narcotic in it with a non narcotic. subutex has more of a narcotic in it and no blocker. i was on soboxine untill i found out i was pregnant then switched to subutex it makes no sense but thats what they want me to be on. i got addicted to tramadol also named ultrim a very light narcotic the lightes you can take. after a accident.
Trust me ppl im in hospital at the moment 4 using subutex, dont even know if ill make out alive, it blocks ur vains, lungs and may stop blod guettin to ur heart, i could not move my wright leg at all (blocked vain) it was uge!.. A bit better now but if the stuff blocking it finds a way to my heart it will kill me (when u snif it it goes in to your lungs then vains hart and brain) our body does not disolve it so it acumulates more an more until it blocks... B carefull ur playing with ur life just like i did... TUGA MAN
put 1 mil under your tongue each day and break it down week by week don't sniff it anymore