Subutex/Suboxone withdrawal after long term use, HELP!!!
I am in day 4 of Subutex withdrawal. I was on it for 5 months. The first 4 at 4mg a day, the last month gradually tapering down to .5 mg.

I am in withdrawal HELL. No energy, I take vitamin B supplements, which help very short term. I am taking clonidine, which helped some as well. But the RLS is driving me insane. HOW can I stop this? And when will I start to feel better. Can long term sub users who have gone through withdrawal please help me?

I was always told the withdrawal would be very mild, and this is a miracle drug. I will say, my life and habits have changed. I have no desire to use any pills at the moment, and I don't expect that to change. I was abusing hydros after 2 shoulder surgeries. Counseling and support from friends and family (who I was deathly afraid to talk to) has been amazing. My best friends wife came over and took my hydros from me, and basically helped save my life. I am lucky to have them.
I tried cold turkey after being on subutex for 2 years and I was at 3-4 mgs. per day and even after a month I couldn't take it anymore so I slowly went back on it and now I'm trying to do it as slowly as possible and I love the idea of taking it every other day, then every 3rd day. It's not worth the rush in my opinion I personally couldn't do it but then again everyone is different so I wish the best to anyone battling an addiction. Laura
9th January........ Started reducing 26th Boxing Day 2011----Last dose (approx) 0.1, 2nd Jan from 24 mgs' daily. It's been 1wk since last dust of Subutex. How bloody awful this is.. My girlfriend read all comments on here today in work, She persuaded me to go on here and read.................... We live together, This is such a personal journey, it's so hard to be physical / mentally strong to even exist around someone you adore. I couldn't do it with out her support, she's had past experiencer with the narcotics I'm not using anymore, Crack / Herion / Subutex for over 4/5 yrs. It's been 24 mgs for at least 2+yrs........ I really feel for the people / us who are alone Withdrawing. Everyone is different obviously, It's incredibly difficult being around someone you love, in the state i feel i am in.... .....  It is insanity for us all, Strength.
Thanking your experience........ 2nd post. Massive dosage /  24 mg, same, reduced since 26th dec, last dose 1wk ago, 0.1 mg. such a good nod getting yourself to the drs. Testosterone etc............Horrid, this....
hi ive been on subbies for 6 years,started on 8 mg, in now on 0.4, im starting my w/d on friday, what is the best medication to ged of my doctor to help?
Really good question.............. Seek advice through your local drug service, i think Dr. Will just refer you to them anyway.. Everyone & all is different....... Knowing it will end & strong PMA, sounds ridiculous, but it helps. I have had immodium, normal pain killers, minor attempts at physical exercise, Baths (incredeibly hard).Try stay off alcohol, it is a sedative though....Hoping someone else ,more organic than I will reply, just beginning to piece ones' life back after a decade of nonsense & abuse................. soon. Still W/drawing.Not nice........Ct
hey tommm70 it gives me great hope hearing your story becasue im in the same boat i didnt want to feel like i was on a leash to the pills, it started as hydros then friends talked me into oxy's and percs....well i decided to go try subutex and was on it for 9 months and tapered off like about 2 weeks then went cold turkey it still feels uncomfortable like i dont want to get up and live life yet but i notice some of the pain is getting weaker! what my biggest thing i wanted to say to you is dont have those thoughts about "will i do it again?" its not worth having to do it all over again, i mean after awhile they dont work as well, i got a herniated disk at my job which resulted in me being on hydrocodone and tramadol for 2 years, when i look at the big picture now, i should have just let my body recover which would have most likley been less stressful and id have my old better life, i lost alot cause of this disease, Im glad you doing well i wish you best of luck and you can do it!
Subs are bomb but the withdrawls suck bad take vitamins an exercise. Also think of the bright side of the situation
i was also told subutex is easy to come off, if u reduce down to 0.4 per day. not 4 me it wasn't. ive used various methods of detox in the past, to come off heroin and methedone, many successfully. lots relapse in my history! subutex was very bad for me, however, i did beat it at the second attempt. It can be done. It's not been easy but, i am still clean after 11 months. Can i help anyone, in any way? If i come over as smug or patronising it's unintentional.
No blueer, you don't come across as patronising. I am glad that you give a damn. I was on heroin for 15 years, and been on subutex for the last two, while still using quite a bit. Last Christmas Day was the last time I used heroin, and 16 days ago I jumped off .4mg of subutex.

I have barely slept in the last 16 days and feel generally horrible. It is 4am here now and my legs are driving me crazy.  I was hoping that they would have improved after a week or so, but I think that I am at breaking point.

I have resisted the urge to take any more subutex, but am starting to wonder if just one taste of heroin would allow me to get some sort of reprieve (even for just one day, so that I could get a bit of sleep) without jeapordising my subutex withdrawal.  

I have a job that involves a lot of concentration and decision-making, and  my exhaustion is affecting my abilities to perform adequately.  What do you or anyone else think of my idea to give myself a break?  It would only be a one-off.
dont do it lenny, stay strong. to have a lapse at day 16 will be devestating. you should not make any distinction between subutex and heroin addiction.
Hi, Lenny.  Today I am 35 days sober.  Let me lift your spirits, it gets better!!!  At day 16, i wanted to die.  I was there just a couple weeks ago where you are.  But, every week gets easier.  Your body is in shock.  You have stopped using substance and its confused.  It does take time to heal.  I know U feel like a train wreck now, but dont give in.  It is really hard to give yourself time to heal from this horribly long withdrawal because we all have responsibilities and obligations.  But, you are stronger than you think.  I have never considered myself strong, but Ive done this and thanks to the extensive withdrawal, I will never go back!  At day 35, I do sleep better although its broken sleep, but thats okay because the relentless RLS is gone!  I have enough energy to push myself and the shakes are gone!  I definately feel the worst is over.  Although, Im not where I feel "normal" yet, I can tolerate the lack of motivation and slight depression because I am no longer waking up with severe panic attacks.  I would be glad to give U advice based on how I got through it if you would like.  Try not to think about the length of time your body needs to heal.  Take it one day and one week at a time.  Today, U can stay strong.  Today U will get through it. Remember when you were sober once.  U had motivation, energy, U were full of life.  After the period of abuse, your body needs to heal and build healthy new cells.  It needs to figure out once again how to function properly and produce betamorphine and endorphins without assistance from a substance.  U will feel wonderful and be that healthy, full of energy person again.  Keep going!
well done!!
sorry forgot to ask how long do u withdraw from the suboxone? ? i fininshed 3 days ago with 1.2 of mg of subutex as the suboxone only go to 2mg. i only went up to 10 mgs and was in detox for 12 days!  lastnite with the exeption of the withdrawals from heroin i had a sleepless nite, any idea how long this will last?
cheers
cheers
im in my third day too! when did you get better im feeling like ****!
thanx
u need a new doc,  i was on heroin for 11 yrs and just came out of a 12 day dettox 3 days ago! i had my last suboxon 2mg monday  and then 1,2 subutex  just on tue 14th feb 2011worse day yet!  any idea when the wd` stop~?
cheers
If you were only on the subs for 12 days and you reduced down to 1mg, you should feel better in a couple of days. were you only on heroin when you went into detox? How did you feel over the 12 days?
Day 3 after a little over 7 months of Subutex use. I took a quarter of one from the beginning till the end, except for the random (time to pop a half of one) days. My stomach is twisted in a knot, RLS, sleeplessness, hot flashes, etc. When I started drugs I started with pot, then came xanax for a long time, my family knew of the xanax addiction for years because you cant stop the slur after having 2 24 oz's and 1 bar. That part of my life is history, xanax ruined my life and now that I'm off it, I'm finally getting trust back from my family, somewhat. My family is drug free, me and my sister are the outcasts. I started taking all of these because I've had manic depression and anxiety since i was 8 years old.

A year after defeating xanax, I went to live at a friends house, and since I was a user all my life, all my friends are too. I started taking inhaling roxycodone at this house, and I lived there for 6 months, I couldn't beat the setup I had because my long term friend was the main supply for that, so I did about 3 Roxy 30's for 6+ months until he got busted and showed up on the news with everything the police apprehended from him. So I kicked that, started taking the subutex to rid the withdrawal and so that I would quit taking opiates all together and have motivation/encouragement in my life because I've always been lazy, and it's not by choice, I know some of you would argue differently, but you're not me. I don't have any real support from anyone, nobody knows whats going on with me right now because I'm scared to tell my mom that i quit xanax only to pick up a nastier habbit, they will never trust me again, ever. My mom and dad are all I have, I'm 27 and I've lived a life of drugs and misery, and so did all of my friends. The conversion of having tons of drug addicted friends to having nobody at all because I want to clean up is really hard for me,

So day 3, I'm prescribed klonopin and I don't abuse it, but it is helping along with smoking extremely high potent smoke profusely and it's still painful, I'm taking the week off of work because my work requires me to be ultra nice with grade A appearance. I'm going to the doc today to be put on clonidine, I've already been exercising for the past month so I'm not quitting now, especially since it helps.

I know what to do, but I don't. Know what I mean?
yeah i know what you mean, just came off subs 7 days ago..... well day 3 i broke down and took a half of a quarter piece because even after taking clodine and valium all night the pain was too intense, my wrists hurt so bad i felt like cutting my hands off. So now im back to day four i guess, feel like sh*t but nothing like the first day 3. For a moment today i felt at total peace even though it only lasted about 10 mins, it gave me hope that maybe the worst is behind me. Just have to keep fighting everyday no matter what hell on earth you must go though. I know in my heart there are better days ahead. Keep the Faith. I'll check back in here later, let you know how long these god auful wd's last. The Lord is my shepard I shall not want.
hi in reply no your not going to be in danger of dieying or anything like that just wd for awile first few days bad then it easis up but you will feel bad for about 10 days if you havent been taking a lot like 24mg a day as long as your below 8mg you will make it fine just get it in your head this is what it is and hold on 2 weeks of feeling bad is worth the rest of your life so be strong and stay the course. good luck im in the same boat day 6 see you on the other side
I stumbled across this thread today. My husband and I are both coming off of subutex. This is day one. I really don't want to crumble and  stay on it. I've been on suboxone/subutex for about 4.5-5 years, he's been on for about 3-4 in total. We've been taking like 1mg each for a very long time. Probably for the last year or so. The hardest thing has been completely stopping. I've tried a few times, but it was still available so I would go about 2 days and cave. Now I'm hoping to get off completely. However, today has been a little rough. The worst was this morning, for about an hour I was feeling really lousy, sweaty, and sick. I have adavan for panic attacks, which I rarely ever take so I only have a few right now, so I took half of one of those and it seemed to help a bit. I guess I'm wondering HOW bad its going to get or what I can do to get through it. I really want to be free of the mushy brain. If you've been on it for a long time like I have, you know that your brain feels all foggy all the time. I want my endorphins back! And just to enjoy life free of any dependence. We don't have chlonodine or anything like that to ease the symptoms, so does anyone who was on for years and jumped off at low dose know what to expect or what I can do to help it? It seems to be worse for me than my husband so far because I have major health and chronic pain issues.
Hi there, after being on it for that long you need to do a drawn out taper. You want to be down to something like 0.2mg per day, and then even take that every other day a few times before you actually jump. In my opinion, done this way you should suffer less at the end. You will still get some residual withdrawal though, you cant avoid it after maintaining for so long. good luck Blue.... You should click on the post a question logo, that will start a new thread for you; this one is a few years old. You will get a lot more people responding on a new thread of your own
Wow... I am amazed to hear all of the stories! I am not in any of these situations but live with my partner who was just dropped off her meds! We were supposed to get a refill but the new doc said no. As far as being outside looking in what should I do?? I want to be helpful and not clingy but I can only imagine what my partner is going through and want to know how to help her deal?? as far as I can tell she had her last dose yesterday at 8:30 am. She slept most of yesterday and then all of a sudden left the house! I have no idea where she is... FREAKING out! any suggestions?? She told me she was safe, but not where she is. Do I keep hounding her (i feel like i need to) or let her come back on her own? From what I have read it sounds like things could get very bad, and I can't tell since she is not here!
I guess I am one of the lucky ones... I have been taking subutex (buprenorphine) for 6 months. For the first 5 months I was taking 24mg per day... 3x8mg. The 6th month I dropped to 20mg. But as soon as my contract ended  with the doctor's office my parents would not pay for my appointments anymore and I couldn't afford it myself without insurance. So basically I just stopped taking them cold turkey.  I suppose the withdrawal symptoms are different for everyone. The only symptom I seem to have is what I would describe as a "foggy head".  I am however battling with feelings of deep regret and sadness right now.  But I assume that would be normal for a recovering opiate addict.  I just keep telling myself that no matter how bad I feel, it will never be even close to as bad as withdrawals from heroin.  I would much rather be wishing I had a subutex than scheming to get money for dope.  So just remember any time you feel really crappy and you feel as though you can't take it anymore.... you have made the right decision.  Getting clean has  been both the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and the best thing I have ever done.  Now we can have our lives back.
i am in day 18 of subutex weed sleeping pills the lot problay had no more than 24hr sleep in that time i *** off at 2point5 restless every night body wants to sllep but mind dont diffrence is im so mentally strong is unreal i dont care what happens to me i will not relapse for love or money the sweating has gone my spine an back an legs in agony but i cant lie i do fill better over tham insomnia big time tis can be done you jus have to have the wiil power more than anything an no matter wat dont give in i mean whats the other option stay on the **** 4eva na i think not i bin doing na meetings everyday praying alot yeh this is hell i must admt but dont be deterd lifes to short maybe 6week worse way but after 2week is bearable other than sleep but hey u sleep enough wen u die so **** it is now or never bring it on DRUGS devil revenge upon gods subjects who u wanna side with the devil or god every one man up women up an beat tis **** godbless
omg... this is hell!!! 2 days cold turkey, i hate it!!! i wanna scream to top of my lungs!!! hot showers n midal help for about 5 mins, just wondering how u were doing now???

New to this post, only taken suboxone for 30 days after a pretty bad norco detox, 10-11  10/325 per day for a year or so.

how long will my withdrawls last seeing as ive only taken sub for 30 days?

I have 3 kids and i feel like i am being such a lame dad with no energy and unable to sleep.

I been on suboxone for 6 yrs NOW!!! I hate it!!! It has kept me clean but for somebody like me taking in the first yrs 4 -8mg tabs a day and over a 6 yr period I got down to 4mgs a day and it is impossible to kick... I talked to the head doctor at NY rapid Opiod detox and he said that subutex and suboxone is some of the nastiest **** out there.. And he told me that the best thing to do is to go back to percocet for 3 weeks and slowly taper off them... I know I didn't want to go there but I had someone administer a certin amount of percs a day and it was much easier.... When a doctor tells you that you would be better off doing heroin it kinda wakes you up... Suboxone does help many people like myself but you could end up with a life long addiction to "THE CURE" if you dont do something about it... It's been a month even after the Percocet trick and I still feel it in my system... After being on suboxone for 6 yrs!!! Believe me I would never recommend subutex or suboxone to anyone ... These doctors don't tell you the truth about how amazingly powerful and addictive they are I feel bad for every person out there who are on it.... Do what you can GET THE **** AWAY FROM IT THE LONGER YOU TAKE IT THE HARDER IT IS TO STOP!!!! Trust me I hate my doctor for keeping me on this poison for 6 yrs...
Try to only stay on it as long as u need it.  I have  been on it for two years, And I was introduced to it when I went into rehab two years ago..  At first, I thought it was a miracle drug as well, but now, I just feel as dependent to subs as i did to pain killers.  I have tryed to stop taking them, n I beleive they are as bad as comming off the opiates.  
I've never thought support groups were a good idea, IMHO they were always just another phone number or contact, another venue to mess up. I realize this is only partly true. I've never posted anything online either, I'm lucky, I've done it all and I'm sitting in my blanket right now with the cold sweats.

A few years ago subutex was taken most of my personality, I pretty much had little interest in being social I went from 24mg subs a day to cold turkey as I had a nice vacation package.

Please don't ever try that, even three months later I felt like I should kill myself because my wife was doing everything.

That's when my life long pal brough Satan over on a Saturday. this time I'm much better prepared, I'll share my thoughts but also ask for yours.
1: IMHO you need a program but you also need an exit strategy from this community (that community) so that your not sitting around all day talking about addiction. this should happen after you learn the ropes by heart.

2 this time I was on a half subutex a day for 6 mo and then .25 month then month of .15ish I did this on my own pretty much. Do not have suboxone in your system when you stop for at least 3 months, that **** is Satan too, at other antagonist does more than they admit, stick with the one component that helps you or both if you need that.

12-15 years, I've flown through windows had windshields explode in my face, yep I was never driving but that never took the pain that counted away. I'm now about 3+ days with nothing. I have dreams, I look at my three year old and I know I owe him so much, I might have been dad of the year for three but now I gotta do this for our future. I regret this road never had a place for visitors to get off, and head back home.

Anyone know what sorta tricks to fight fatigue for me we are looking at? When can I start trying to force exercise sessions into the routine? I think that might help, also I need to try to keep my mind off sobriety and start retooling myself for life with sobriety.

I wasted so much potential I will never forgive that much in myself, I can thank the lord I never let it take from others (directly) but I'm not patting myself on the back or judging, my emotions are back though full swing.

one last thought, I've never told anyone but I think early relationship BS in my life might have set off my need to kill pain, I've some soul searching done at this point.
I know this is an old thread, I googled withdrawal from suboxone & this page was one of the 1st that comes up. I wanted to share my story b/c everyone withdrawals in different ways.
I was an heavy iv user for 8yrs, I didn't really have a drug of choice I just used anything I can get my hands on. I went through a suboxone matinence program many times, the 1st 2times I detoxed from it I barely felt any withdrawals at all but the 3rd time I was sick for about 4days. However I was in rehab then I think it was soo mild b/c they were always keeping you busy going to meetings & making u exercise. Anything to help u take you mind off the pain.
I was clean for 9mo after I left that rehab but fell back into my old ways.
I then decided to start going to a methadone clinic. I only planned to be there for a year or two but ended up staying there for 5yrs! I can't say I regret going there b/c it helped me put my life back together. I was sober all 5yrs I went there! The highest dose I was at was 160mgs I stayed there for 2years then started to taper, it took me 3yrs to get down to 12mgs & I couldn't go much lower after that. I didn't know until after I was there for a few years how much harder methadone is to get off of compared to any other drug.
After struggling trying to get off of methadone I decided to switch to subutex then suboxone. I stayed on suboxone (16mgs) for 2months till the methadone was compleatly outta my system then I started to taper after a month I got down to 1mg & decided to quit. This time detoxing from the suboxone was much much worse! The 3rd & 4th day was the hardest but it wasn't as bad as going one day w/o methadone. On day 5 I started feeling better it was the 1st I was able to get any sleep. I'm on day 6now & feel soo much better I still get the RLS & the hot n cold sweats, it comes & goes but its not nearly as bad as it was b4.
I wanted to share my story b/c everyone is different, I was told that withdrawals are different w/ each person depending on how high your metabolism is & how long you've been on the meds, each time you detox it gets harder & withdrawals may last longer. I kinda got freaked out when everyone said I'd be sick for over 2weeks to a month b/c I was on methadone for soo long. I have a very high metabolism so that could b y my symptoms didn't last as long as most. A lot of it is in your head tho. If you keep telling g yourself your gonna b sick for a long time then that's what is gonna happen. You may be to sick to move outta bed but you need to exercise! its good to have any kind of distractions to keep you mind off how bad you feel. For me taking care of my 2yr old son was a great distraction, that lil guy kept my soo busy chasing him around I got lots of exercise w/ him. Plus going back to work after a few days help a lot! You just gotta do whatever it takes to keep yourself from thinking about it or you mind will make you sicker longer!
Its def a good idea to rhave you doctor prescribe u something to help you sleep, my doctor recommended that I try a multi vitamin called Solotrex, for me it works very well. I was told that there is something in it that mimicks an opiate so it helps w/ the symptoms a lot & it is non addicting.
I'm just soo relived to be off of the methadone & suboxone, I was soo scared for soo long that I'd be on a matinence program for the rest of my life. Now im proud that I'm 100% drug free!
I know that this is an old post, and that many wish to create a new one. I think these stories and the support is inspirational and realistic. You have real people telling what they are actually going through as they are getting off. Doctors are not always truthful or they aren't as knowledgeable of this drug as they think or let on. I understand the Subs help addicts get over whatever they are on by blocking the receptors in the brain but the longer a person is on them, all they are doing is trading one addiction for another, and one drug for another. (and the WD are twice as long compared to other drugs, from what I understand since this drug is a long-lasting one)
My husband 5 years ago was pulled over and arrested for a DUI. His conditions were 10 days jail time and 2 years suspended license with 3 years probation. He violated, as many drug users and alcoholics do, not once, but 2 times. And the second was for crack (which I NEVER knew he did until he was arrested and I visited him at the jail and he told me what he failed for.) His drug of choice was pain pills usually. After he was arrested for violating and spent time in jail and 4 months work release, he vowed to stop drinking, and doing pills. Which is basically what I told him he had to do in order to make this relationship work, because those two things made him a completely different and not so pretty person that I couldn't stand to be around. He does smoke weed, which I'm ok with because it just mellows him out instead of making him an a$$. He talked to one of the guys at his work about wanting to get off the pills, they told him about being on Subutex and how it takes away that craving for the pills and that high. He didn't have insurance so he bought them off of this guy and he only used a quarter of one a day for the past 3 years (so 1 pill would last 4 days) but at $15-$20/pill, it's still steep. A week before Christmas 2012, he decided all on his own to get off the Subs. I didn't even know about it till I commented on how much he wasn't sleeping and he told me that he stopped taking the Subs for 3 reason he said: 1) He's tired of being on them, he's ready to get off and now is as good as a time as any 2) They are expensive and me being a SAHM money is tight and this will open up a lot more cash for other things 3) For our family and especially for our 2 year old precious girl. So he's been off them for a little over a week. I'm so proud of him and I don't know any of you that have kicked and are in the process of kicking the Subs but I'm proud of all of you. This is a really HARD thing to do no matter how long you've been on them!
I've never been addicted to anything and I don't know how that "drive" feels or the WD so I can't even relate, but seeing it first hand the damage it does to a relationship I can relate to your families'.
This might be a TMI but Subs reduce a man's testosterone...low testosterone means lower energy and NO SEX DRIVE, which causes a HUGE problem in our relationship and I'm sure others. He's 28 and I'm 30 and to have sex once every 3-6 months for 15 seconds is TERRIBLE! He has absolutely no drive to have sex, any kind of sexual activity, at all. The TV and pills are a higher priority than me (TV helps him Zone out). I don't care what anyone says, Subs and drugs are literally "the other woman", IMHO, that he cheats with and prefers over me.  I pray and HOPE that this changes in a month or two when he's fully clean to finally be functional.
The second is that it kind of makes them zombie like, I feel like it almost makes him a little depressed. Not a ton of energy, and distant, like he "forgot" how to open up and share without prodding. He used to tell me how his day was and surprise me with a cute card or a text, he used to be flirty but since he's been on the subs it's literally like that ALL stopped. I hope I get the flirty, open guy back.

Sorry so long. But I wish the BEST OF LUCK to ALL!
i have been shooting subs probably 1 to 1.5 mgs a day and now in day 3 of extreme withdrawl. what can help to slow it down and when will it stop??? im in so much pain right now
I am grateful for this forum.  I was looking for information,  advise,  help,  support... getting off subutex,  long term user.
First what a great drug.  For opiate abuse,  addiction,  this is truely a life saving drug.  Right off the bad stuff to a drug that can sustain your health,
is not 'addicting'  in the sense that you do not need more to maintain the benefits,  (though Im sure some addicts have people convinced that subutex is like an opiate...to justify their increased dosage)  but it does not and my story will illustrate.
  I got hooked on pain killers in early 2001,  and by 2003 was buying them over the internet.  It was bad,  and just as I knew I was on the verge of a real disaster I read about subutex in the NYTimes.  I got on it right away,  and have been on it ever since.  I started on 8.  millegrams,  and got down to 2 within three years or so.   I have been on 1. a day for a long time.   I cut the 2.  in half.  Then I cut the half in half,  trying not to get a buzz and to spread the pill to a morning and evening dose.  I do a get a bit of a buzz, and worry about the dependency on taking something.  
I read some of these posts and am going to start pulling myself off the 1. m.   The idea is to stay off the real opiates,  and if I feel in danger I will go back on subutex for sure.  But the resolve to be drug free can take you over that ... if you are resolute.  I am not sure what this many years of subutex has done to my receptors... IM sure,  considering I take so little,  that its not going to be the worst thing,  or that I am damaged.. hopefully.
   The symptoms though,  I do think this drug eliminates kinds of emotions,  that have to do with largeness,  large feelings,  big feelings,  thats the
impotency factor,  or great sorrows,  or great joys.   Its like you were manic depressive and this is your lithium.   But with that is a great cost,  no real creativity,  no real 'feelings'   to contend with,  and certainly sex is strangely catorgorized,  the homoginous feeling of the orgasm is simply taken away.   I guess this is how,  or part of how the drug is able to attack the painful things that make us crave opiates in the first place.  It can address the brain,  or hormones,  or glands,  whatever,  and control impulses which affect behavior.  I know its 'coating'  receptors,  but I think the effect if more than that.  This is not an opiate high,  though it is akin to it.   I think it could be a good drug for kinds of mental illness,  or kinds of depression.   The side effects we are experiencing,  we who use it for a long time,  well we are the guiney pigs...  and we can decide if we feel its costing more than its helping.
I have decided I want to feel again,   the scope of what I feel.   I hope that the withdrawl RLS does not go on too long,   but I have had that from time to time anyway.  And I hope the terrible heebie jeebies dont last long,  thats the worst,  the creepy edge of the universe nothing fits feeling...
Just the other side of the everything fits and you can do it feeling..neither of them is true.   We just live day to day,  fitting what we can,  going to sleep at night,  laughing with our friends.   We have a reason to live,  even though sometimes it seems like we've lost it.   These drugs may have helped at the moment,  but they are complicated cost ..   and I mean to leave this part behind.

I will let you know how it goes.  IM going to go half of my dose three or four days a week for a few weeks,  and then .. maybe cut that in half again.  

im excited.  

god bless you guys.  
Thanks for sharing all of that and good luck with the plan.  We'll be here for support and to offer a suggestion or two...Can you start your own thread when you check back?  I'm afraid this may get overlooked here...on an older thread.

I've heard others talk about the flatness in personality and outlook with Suboxone and I think it's sad to not feel but agree that Sub has its place in our medicine cabinets.  Keep in touch!
everything is written down here is realy helpfull.. sorry for the bad english ,i m  watching  from europe. After a long period of heroin use i did the withdrawll using small amounts of suboxone.I was taking everyday and less ammount of the sub  reaching the point even at 0.2 maybe mlg. I did everything bymyself without prescription.. now  i m in the 9th day of taking really NOTHING AT ALL. My biggest problem is RLS or "kicking the habit" and the really small time of sleep everynight.Please can anyone tell me what can i do for the RLS without taking clonidine or diazepam medicines. Is there any herbal way .Is it possible to have some relief by making my body tired by going to the gym or running around the neighberhood??
I have worked in pharmaceutical buissness since leaving school now im not a scientist I just work with them glorified tea boy .....but during a disscission on opiate addiction he said there is a way of synthesizing an opiate but it will do what an opiate does but will not gain any tolerance so no withdrawel from it .........its completcated as its fooling the brain ...but when I asked why hasn't something like this been brought out as people could do a couple of months on thses tablets but no pain but have same results if they gone cold turkey for couple months an he said it wont make much money there is more money in any opiate that is manufactured an causes physical dependence ......they make too much money too come up with the treatment I was looking into an trust me its possible
Hi, I just needed some advice on how to get off subutex for good, I've been on it for about a year doing 2mg a day, once in the morning, once at night. I'm still on it and don't know how to get off. I feel so crappy when I wake up in the mornings so I do peice of my sub. Then I feel better, But I don't want to be achy anymore and I need my strength back. I am so weak, more than ever. But when I do subutex I get so much energy and I don't feel weak anymore. What's a good tip to get off of them for GOOD? It feels like this is all in my head. please help, thank you!
I Just Came back from detox unit been on subitex for 3yrs, jumped off 1mg. Had only one really bad night when i been runing around thinking to leave detox house.. Worse symptom for me is RLS. They been giving to me baclofen 10mg+Diclofenac 50mg works for rls, Lofexidine/Britlofex takes most symptoms away help u sleep but dry your mouse and make huge discomfort in ur head it is analogue of Clonidibe but designed special for opiate detox. Zopiclone b4 bed will give u 2-3h sleep. On day 6 i started Naltrexone to flash out that subitex quicker. Im now on day 16 sleeping of but a bit of diarrhea, no energy and discomfort in my head still here. Anyway im nearly there... Hope it help someone..
Had back surgery and became addicted to pain pills.  Surgeon sent me to a pain clinic and started suboxen on May 2 of this year.  I had been taken as much as 16 mg a day over the past three weeks.  Since May 21 I have been on the same 8mg strip and will probably run out tomorrow morning.  I do not want to be on this any more.  Does anyone have any idea how bad my withdrawals will be?  Thanks
In the world of opiate withdrawals.  There are two kinds.  There is the kind where you are shaking, puking, sweating, and cognitively incoherent.  Those are the worst withdrawals known to mankind and usually come from banging or using enormously large amounts of opiates.  Then, there is another kind of withdrawal.  This is the withdrawal that allows you to sit in front of a computer and say "I am in withdrawal hell".   I think you are getting my point.  Sub will give you the withdrawal you can sit in front of a computer and write about it.  I think you can handle it.  I did so go for it.  
im back on subutex at 4mg, and ill come off gradually over next three weeks but i have come off them before and found that the following recipe works for withdrawl. When you are one day in, take 2 - 30mg dihydrocodiene every four hours with 1 - 10mg diazepam, and continue taking this for about a week, at which point you lower it down to twice a day (when you wake and when you sleep). Two weeks in, you lower it to once a day when you wake up. If you feel really lethargic, take one adderall tablet(amphetamine) a day as well as the previous mentioned meds during the three weeks it takes to return to normal. This should help you through but you need a doctor who will prescribe. I found in the uk that a private psychiatrist will script this, if you book one half hour session (But this can cost nearly £150 and the prescription is also expensive). Good luck to all who have written here, I know the pain and empathise deeply. Hope this helps!
I have been on subutex for 4 years and I am trying to get off, went almost a month  until 2 days ago and its scaring me because of how I feel mentally, I am like a zombie and feel mentally stuck, I am wondering if long term subutex  can permantly chemically damage our brains? I have only taken 2 mg a day and I have only had the RLS and very little physical withdrawls, I cant concentrate, focus and I feel that im going totally insane, the only reason I am capable of getting on line today is because I took my 2mg, this is beyond depression and this I want to know if its really suppose to make a person as mentally unstable as I feel? ive also lost 13lbs in 2 weeks, Please is this normal??
You guys are posting in a thread from 2009. Would be better to start your own.
I have been on subutex for 4 years due to drug abuse in the past i then was told about subs and that they prevented you going through heroin wds but then i got hooked on the subs and i actually enjoyed taking them as they gave me a little buzz at first and made me feel normal but now i am sick of them they make me feel awful when i take them and prior but its hard to not take em if your addicted to them mentally and physically. I tried to stop six months ago but did it completely wrong by jumping off at 2mg! DO NOT DO THIS BIG MISTAKE! I lasted 4 days then gave in to them as the pain, rls, nausea, body aches, sweats, hot n colds, sneezing etc got too much! I now have found if you taper down its much easier and less painful. Thats exactly what i now have been doing. I have tappered down from 2mg to half a 0.1mg in a month the last week was rough but not as bad as jumping off at 2mg. I am also on 4 codeines a day but this is only for 1-2 weeks to help with pain etc and then i take a zopliclone at night to help me sleep. The codeine/cocodamol deffinately has helped especially with the rls and body aches they have been a god send! But that is only because the codeine is a part of the opiate family. I am a tad worried about getting hooked on these now but hopefully i wont and its just temporary whilst getting off the subutex. I am now 3 days off the subs and have taken 4 cocodomals a day and so far i dont feel too bad! I do before i take the cocos but still its bareable. I am so proud of myself and everyone on here its such a hard thing maybe one of the hardest things to do but we CAN DO IT GUYS! I hope this helps someone out there and sorry its such a long message. If anyone has any advice for me please please message me back! Thanks again guys! Good luck! God bless

Barbie x

Barbie x
This is a very old thread.  You will get many more replies if you start your own thread.

You can do that by clicking this link:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=77

Good luck!