Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Subutex Withdrawl(withdrawal) - How many days total ?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

After making a jump from say .5 - 1mg of subutex, I was wondering what to expect ?

I assume it would start on Day 3 ?

Once it starts how many total days should one expect ?

(Ie Have been on sub for 4 yrs)
For me, personally, my withdrawal started an hour after I missed my dose.  If I slept late I would wake up with my legs kicking (very mild but still there).. so though some people didnt have symptoms until day 3, I had symptoms on day 1.  I would say conservatively that sub withdrawal is a bit less *intense* than say heroine or oxy withdrawal, but a longer withdrawal period.  My physical peaked around 14 days and then slowly started to get better.  You will have your bad days.  But like I posted before, you just have to get through them.. After a week of it, your kind of resigned to it.  I did not think Id have any extensive w/drawal coming off sub and lets say I found this site on Day 12 looking for answers cause I was pretty sick.  (Was on suboxone for a little over 2 1/2 years).  The bottom line though, is even if its long, hard and miserable it is SOO worth it.  Your body will recover..  Your mind will recover. . Your life will recover.  Just look into aftercare and GET IT cause it aint over with withdrawal.. Good luck and stay strong!

RB - Learning the Hard Way that Aftecare is KEY
Thank you so much for your post.

14 days of wd symptoms you had. Did you work at your job, or did you take that time and stay home ?

I was just trying to figure out how many days I should set aside for the Phys WD part of it. It seems like up to 14 is a safe bet, and then I can return to work.

What amount did you jump off from ?
I actually only needed to take 5 days off from work.  I planned it so my last dose was Friday morning.  I dont work Sat/Sun.  So I had Sat, Sun - took off Mon-Fri and then another Sat/Sun.  I returned to work ater that, so I guess on day 9.  It was NOT easy, but I made it.  The worst of it is over in about 14 days and it gradually gets better from there, but some of symptoms may linger. I would still break out in hot/cold flashes and goosebumps MONTHS after I quit.  Not that this will happen to you, but it happened to me.  I jumped from 1mg.  Should have tapered much lower, but I didnt know.  If you work the kind of job where you can take 14 days off, go for it.  Just dont spend the whole 14 days in bed.  My fiancee dragged me off the couch and outside for a 30 minute walk every day after day 3... I hated him for it at the time.. BUT it was helpful and I appreciated it in retrospect.