Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Subutex knowledge

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Subutex knowledge

can I get off of my 30mgs pill taken methadone with a short term subutex adventure. I just want off of the M-done so bad. I don't want to keep taking subutex , I just want to get off this M-done and be free.
Tags: subutex
bumping as this discussion was moved from another forum.
Yes you can that's what I did to get off my fentanyl patches and Percs. I started the end of feb and now I'm down to .50mg of subs. Just make sure you don't let the doctor start you on to high of a dose. Only take the minimum amount needed to help the w/d then stabilize on the dose. If you message me ill tell you how I did it. I guess we are not suppose to put tapering information in comments.
Hey & welcome,
   Congrats on your decision to lose the Methadone. Could you clarify your post a little. How much M. are you on? How long have you been on it? How old are you? Is this your first habit? And how were you planning to do the Subs.? Thanks, I'll check back in soon.
Help me please, i am on 100 patches and 180 mg oxy a day for about a year foot chronic pain, want to try subutex, how long to wait since sub doors not have narcan? I have sevete pain issues do if the sub doors not help enough will try a different less horrible drug than fent. Thank you for any advice and how you did it!!!
This thresh is old I would repost.
I'm 28 days clean off methadone, hydrocodone, Valium, muscle relaxers...
So glad your here. Yes you can do this. It's not easy it's simple. We put our bodies through a lot & it takes a while to heal. The quicker you stop the quicker you get better. I would never had the courage to try unless I'd found this site & all the support it brings. They told me to get aftercare. I live in the country. We have NA but it's small not a lot of clean time. After I get some maybe I'll go try to help it grow. For now I'm going to AA, most of them used drugs also. I need years of sobriety & this group has it. They deal with alcohol which is in your face everyday, legal, can get all you want. If they can do that they can help me do this. A very smart man says "most in here used & know what your going through, use drink to mean everything you did, drugs, alcohol, whatever...it all twists us up & kills us the same dead". It's just about being willing to do anything to feel different than you do now.

So glad your here. Keep posting everyone will help you. If you have a question post it.  If you post it, the answers will come. Bless you!!!