Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Subutex to Suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Subutex to Suboxone

Just looking for some input.  I was on Subutex for 1 week. I felt wonderful. I was switched to Suboxone Monday night.  Don't get me wrong I still feel pretty good but not as good as I did on the Subutex.  I don't seem to have as much energy......feel tired alot.  Any feedback appreciated from anyone that has gone from one to the other. Thanks
If Im wrong about this Im sorry. Im sure they are both the same drug. The suboxone has naloxone in it to deter people from shooting it. The naloxone doesnt have any affect on you. So I dont see why you would feel any different. Unless you are taking less. Are they both 8 mg pills?
Hi I don't have an answer for you but a question how much of the suboxone are you taking? and are you going to be in it for a while.
thanks
Thanks so much for responding.  When I was on the Subutex, I actually got a little buzz when I took them.  I am not getting that on the Suboxone.  Maybe that is the whole point ???? To get you used to  not looking for that feeling???  Part of the plan?  He gave me 8 mg. and told me to take 1/2 in morning and 1/2 after work. I  do wake up every hour to  hour 1/2 at night. I think it is from them and I wonder.........maybe I am just exhausted (that's a given) from lack of sleep not the change in pills.  I am not sure what is going on only know that I felt alot better of the Subutex.
I was taking 2 mg 3 x a day on the Subutex
well your body is adjusting to the sub now...when you first started it, it was new to your system and does effect you differently until you adjust to it...i have heard a few people say they got kind of buzzed from it at first , whether it be subutex or suboxone...but that feeling is short lived, and yes! that is the point of taking it, to learn to live without that buzz, to feel "normal"...but they are both made of bupenorphine, same drug, except suboxone has naloxone in it and only will effect you if you try to shoot it...
i would say its just your body adjusting to it.
Thanks so much.  It all makes sense now. Are you on Sub?