Success rate for Suboxone & Clonopin withdrawal
I have a friend who tapered down to 20 mgs. Methadone and then when to a Suboxone doctor 3.5 days later who gave her 4 mgs Sub. & promptly threw her into precipitated withdrawal. She's 26 works & just got into a good school. She's been on 6 mgs. per day for 7 mos. now. She has no energy, has memory loss and is massively depressed although she pretends otherwise for others, including family because she's such a people pleaser. She takes 1.5 1mg Clonopin at bedtime. She really wants to get off the Sub. & I think she's more scared of letting go of the benzos. The research I've done is not encouraging. Sub. binds extremely well to the receptors and people seem to report an even greater difficulty recovering mood, sleep and energy six months after stopping than after stopping Methadone. I'm recently clean 37 days off of Methadone and used sub. for 3 days to step off. I thought it was an awful drug. Even if you don't have the experience with the benzos, I'd appreciate any stats or experiences from people who have kicked suboxone or tried to. I've also read that those thrown into precipitated withdrawal have a rockier time adjusting. Any input on success or lack of it in this field would be greatly appreciated as I so want to support her.
                                            Thanks,
                                                 EvolverU

0
1. Kicked both am fine

0
2. Kicked Clonopin not Suboxone

0
3. Relapsed to Suboxone or other opiate

0
4. Relapsed to Clonopin/benzo but not opiates

0
5. Was thrown into precipitated withdrawal but successful

0
6. Was thrown into precipitated withdrawal and relapsed

0
7. Was never able to recover energy/mood/sleep after withrawing from Suboxone

0
8. Was able to recover energy/mood/sleep from Suboxone