Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
TEMPTATION

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

TEMPTATION

I found myself being clean for six months after I finished the Methadone treatment. Life felt like it had never been better and my fiancee and I were on the same page. I had a friend that moved really close to us with OC 20s OC 40s and perc 30's. (90 of each)  We had seen him at the store below my house and he invited us to his house which like I said was very close. When we got there of course the pilss came out. My fiancee didn't want any but I did. So I thought just one won't hurt. Here I am 1.5 years later coming off Sub. which I am almost clean from. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CLEAN ANY AMOUNT OF TIME DO NOT RELAPSE.  I have completely turned against pills. Just to even read some of the posts about them make me angry. My question is does anyone else feel the anger toward pills like I do. I hope I feel this way forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou everyone for your support. Finally seeing little bits of myself coming back.  
As time has passed the anger i once felt has turned into respect for them.  The anger kept me from moving on.  I wrote a goodbye letter to my DOC.  It was full of anger in the beginning and by the end of it i was taking the power back on my life.  It was very healing for me.  I always have to keep my guard up as my addict mind can easily get all twisted and that monster that lives in my head can wake up at any given time........sara
Thanks for the advice and support!!!!  Im beating this and I feel soooooo eexxxccciitttiieeedd!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am actually FEELING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It feels good to FEEL again doesnt it!!  Keep it going.  Make you the No.1 priority and do whatever it takes to stay on your road to recovery....You are worth it!!          sara
Thanks for your support Sara. I know this is going to be an on going battle! I am an addict but I will never go back.  I hope everyone can find some inspiration from somewhere. I want everyone to get better and to feel again. FEELS GOOD TO ACTUALLY FEEL AGAIN!
I am so very proud of you, we have needed this for awhile.  I will always be by your side and always be here to support you...I know you feel the same for me.
Thank you so much for spending your day yesterday trying to help me feel better.  I know that you felt horrible and did not feel up to all of the trips you made getting medicine for me.  Thank you so much angel.
It is awesome to see your eyes start to shine again.  I have missed 'us' for so long and I have prayed for this time...we will be past this soon.
I can't wait to feel again. Of course I'll have to be prepared to deal with the bad feelings too. Being highly sensitive I have always struggled with feelings but I'd rather that then have no feelings and on a freight train to death. I'm going into detox soon and although I'm scared I'm determined to give myself a new lease on life and get my life back in order again. reading posts has really helped me get the courage to try once again to slay this dragon of mine. It's time to do it and I'm ready to leave addiction behind me. I wish you the best in slaying your dragon too!!
The road to recovery has been so long and I still see endless road ahead of me!! You can do it! I have faith in you and remeber to have faith in yourself. That is whats getting me through this. I am so excited! We will kill the DRAGON TOGETHER!!!!! HHHHAAAAA!!!!
The Sky Is The Limit! For Real!