Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
TESTED POSITIVE FOR AMPHETAMINES

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

TESTED POSITIVE FOR AMPHETAMINES

HELP

I TESTED POSITIVE FOR AMPHETAMINES.  I HAVENT DONE AMPHETAMINES IN OVER SIX YEARS.

WHAT COULD I HAVE INJESTED OVER THE COUNTER THAT COULD HAVE CAUSE ME TO TEST POSITIVE FOR AMPHETAMINES??

ANY HELP IS MOST APPRECIATED
What have you taken OTC?
Liver damage, kidney damage, diabeties, nasal sprays, diet pills, barbituates(florecet etc) can all give false positives for amphetamines not to mention the accuracy rate for drug testing in cheap testing is about 50% if not done in a good lab. Many labs that get false positives send the urine out to a specialist lab to re-test the urine and many times it is reversed.
The possibility of a cold med that contains ephedra or a similar product can very infrequently cause a false positive.  Have you taken any coke in any form for awhile?  Almost impossible to find pure coke unless you have a connect at Mallincrodt these days........  And most has  a bit of amphetamine (or worse...) in it to provide a cheap boost to the affect................  And of course, just about all the ADD/ADHD meds are amphetamine of one type or another if you have taken any of these...........................
yup what meds have you been on
Ask them to re-test.
Thanks for your help the other day.