Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
THANKS...I'm up and running

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

THANKS...I'm up and running

Yes I did send two, one last night, maybe two last night.  So I must have done something to get it up and running!!!!!!!  Wish I could tell you exactly what that was.  How the hell are you girl?  I think I have not heard enough  about your plan.  You are still tapering with success correct?  I mean you are not going the other way anyway...and that IS success.  

I enjoyed the forum today.  You know how this place makes you think...a lot.  I have lots of thinking to do...so much my brain hurts.  I hate this.  Want to be free, and yet I keep fuckin up. Isn't there a lot of strength (sounds like it) from the new folks on the forum.  Does that say something about us...that we never leave.  I guess I would like to be a success story before I go.
I am still decreasing... I was supposed to drop some today but I freaking forgot... what an idiot.. I got so busy at work and then picking out wedding bands.. i thought today was friday.. gonna do it tommorrow.. I too would like to be a success story before long.. you will too.. and I will stay on here until you do.. no matter what.. someone need to be the one to kick you a*s when you need it.. I sent you the info for Tink... did you not get it??? she wanted me to pass on her email as well.. I will do that now.. I forgot.
There are better things happening on the forum.. alot more hope.. I can feel it.
I feel the same way.  I HAVE to be a success story.  But here I am thinking...maybe monday I can go to a doctor with an excuse to get more meds and this time I will taper...yeah right!  I don't have the willpower to taper, only to get high.  I guess that is one of many things that makes me an addict.  I found a norco in my pocket today and now I want more!!!! I have enuf to last until thursday which is my scheduled "d-day" for quitting.  It is truly now or never for me.  
I told my family so they would hold me accountable because I can't even trust myself.  How sad is that
not sad at all!!  I think that takes an amazing amount of courage.  I cannot be that honest yet.  Think of the gift you are giving them by being a part of your recovery.  They will be so proud of  you and give  you so much strength.  I think of marce's husband yelling at that man on the phone dealing drugs.  I think you are both amazing to tell the people who love you, and could be the most disappointed in you, well, you risk it and tell them anyway...just goes to show how much they love you.  You are brave.  Don't forget that.

Stephanie my dear, I am going to hold you to that.  I will be clean before YOU leave the forum...ha.  I am so proud of you.  Don't even worry a little bit about not decreasing today.  Tell yourself every day that you stick to the taper just how incredible YOU ARE>

Tell me more about these wedding bands,  You are a dancer, rocker, band wife, kickass mama, getting married soon?  Tell me details.  And I will check my mail in a bit.  There is joy on the forum tonight.  I feel it too.
I bought a dress.. its gold with shear panals at the bottom with some beading at the top  of each one.. makes it flare a little at the bottom. Its very long and slim otherwise.. I am looking for shoes and jewelry next. I picked out a wedding band on ebay and my hubby bought it.. my ring now is 1920's deco so getting one to match was hard.. plus I am a weird ring size.. but I found on I can have sized down. I will send you the link for the ring to your email.. we got it at a bargain too. I registered this week.. that was stressful.. also got our wedding web page up and running on theknot.com  I have been a busy bee..
I want to be one of the first of your forum support friends to say,,,CONGRATUFREAKINLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That just sounds so romantic.   1920 deco rings ...lovely, dress sounds amazing.  Things are so different now, registering and all.  I was married in 1981, shotgun basically, I was three months pregnant.  And nobody knew.  Man I have always been a lie face.   Anyway, I borrowed a dress, and my mom made ham samiches and potato salad.  Pretty sure my grandma make the cake.  Whew....my next i do's will be on a beach, barefoot.  (the guy I am seeing right now has never been married and would love to have the big church thing,,,a given...his mom won't  have it any other way.  Well, thats my first clue, I will stay single for awhile hon!!!  

AFter this divorce I may never see a wedding band on my finger again.  But to each his own, and I have ALWAYS followed my heart, instead of my head and it has certainly got me in trouble through the years.  So who knows what hand I will be dealt in the love department.  

You sound so happy and you are making such great personal decisions.   I am really proud of you steph.
You are seeing someone??? You have never mentioned that... ever. I am upset..can't believe you never shared that with me..
Not something serious on my part.  HE is a little more serious.  It isn't something i am proud of, because my divorce is not final.  SO  we date, you know, no clothes or toothbrushes here.  He is also way younger than me...something I am not too comfortable with.  I want an old fogee.  ha
Your estranged hubby has been gone long enough for you not to feel ashamed.. and if he's younger who cares... its your starter boyfriend.. the training wheels if you will.. to get back to dating...