Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
TORADOL

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

TORADOL

I'm wondering if TORADOL will help me to get through WD's? I will pick up TORADOL prescription tomorrow. I'll be taking Flexeril too since I have bulge disc. And I still have Xanax so it's ok to take it with TORADOL? I have vitamins -  6 pills of Caltrate (for Bone & Colon Health) 600+D and 6 VITAMIN D 50000IU CAPSULES -- I had saved it, didn't use it, it's still good I looked expiration date. I think it would help if I take those now to ease for me to go through WD's? I cannot taper, it just won't work... Ive TRIED, it's so tempting so I just keep taking it!! So I will have to c/t then. I'm going to keep trying and I won't give up until I succeed to stay clean for as long as possible!! Any advice, help, or anything would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I just took my last oxy just not too long ago. Sigh.
I just googled "Toradol" because I have never heard of it.  It says there may be possible drug interactionss when taken with Xanax or aspirin or motrin, etc.  It doesn't sound very safe to me, might want to skip out on that one and if you're interested here's two websites with professional information:

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/tor1453.htm
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/ketor.htm

Just be careful and good luck!
It looks like that med is an NSAID's so it may help a little..
Toradol is good, but it is really hard on your stomach when used in pill form.  They say not to take it for more than 6 days, or the NSAID part of it can hurt your kidneys.  It is like a really strong motrin, or aleve.
Maybe I am wrong but I have not found anything that does too much for the symptoms of withdrawal.  It could just be me but  I have tried different things the couple of times I have had to endure this, and when it was all over with, I still suffered - there was no escaping it. I could not even find any relief with Immodium.  On the other hand, I know there are people who claim to have gotten relief from over-the-counter agents, etc.  Maybe I am in the minority.
I only get 15 pills of that. I have read and know that I can't take other kind of aspirins like Mortin, etc if I'm taking Toradol. I'll ask pharmcist tomorrow and see if it's okay for me to take Xanax with Toradol.

I've ate plenty of food tonight just in case because I might have no appetite for awhile. So I just ate as much as I could. I hope I will get through it. I really hope I will get through and do well with WD's this time with these medications I'll be taking.

I won't be seeing my Neuro doctor til April 17th, but I can't get it filled until the 20th due to insurance. If I get refilled before 20th, it'll say too soon to be refilled. Ugh.. I am just having mixed feelings, not sure. Like should I stop seeing Neuro doctor so I won't get no more pain meds and what if later on I might need Neuro dr - might remove me off like I'm no longer patient of his, you know what I mean? I don't know. FYI, its only ONE neuro doctor around where I live. If I want to see other new neuro, I'll have to travel that far like at least half hour. I don't like long drive. I know I could just continue seeing him to get prescription of Xanax, Mortin 800 and Flexeril... but I'm just afraid that I might tempt by saying yes when he asks me if I need more refill of Vicodin.

I'm going to take one pill of Xanax soon. I can feel Oxy is wearing off right now... I'm feeling anxious now.
i have received torodol IM injections for back spasms as an alternative to receiving pain meds or a narcotic IM injection and i find it amazingly helpful. i was actually blown away by how powerful it was--i never knew that anything could help except a narcotic slution. it is just, as the other posters have said, a very strong NSAID. i know little about the pill form, though. i don't know your mediacal history and what your nuero needs are, but i know that if you are honest with your physician about your possible problem that helps close a loophole that will likely create a relapse for you in the future. i know all about those loopholes; i've struggled for years and it's ALWAYS the loopholes i provide for myself that keep me enslaved to opiates and facing the withdrawl (withdrawal)/using cycle over and over again. the most success i had was after i faced all my physicians and local pharmacists with the tuth about my problem, closing many loopholes for possible future abuse. nevertheless, we will find them no matter what if we want.
I woke up little early, not too early... so I can go pick up Toradol before WD's kicks in. So I just took them not too long with Flexeril. I'm feeling OK now. I took vitamin pill last night before I went to bed. I'll take vitamin in couple of hrs again today. I'll wait at least 1 hr to take Xanax. I asked pharmcist about if I can take Xanax & Flexeril with Toradol. She said yes. So it should be fine. I'll keep you posted. I'm going to take a nap since I only slept few hours.