Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
TRAMADOL! HELP ME WEAN OFF!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

TRAMADOL! HELP ME WEAN OFF!

my doctor told me it was NON ADDICTIVE. HE LIED! I dont wanna feel the withdrawls that i did last week so how can i wean myself off of them with out feeling this way? im down to 150-200mg a day now and i cant imagine just cold turkey... any sudgestions?? help me please...

Thanks so much!
0%
 (0) 
Tramadol
0%
 (0) 
weaning off of
0 Members voted
You dont want to go CT off tramadol.  Too dangerous as there are risks of seizures.  Avis should be on today and will be able to help you more as that was her DOC.      sara
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/149564

This is also something else you could check out..
My wife kim was also prescribed them by her doctor and told they were non addictive, but she never liked them and they didnt help with her pain or agree with her. They made her vision blurred etc so now she doesnt touch them but dont c/t off them just wean maybe a lil at a time there are lots of peps that can support and help,,,,,,
Tramadol like any med is addictive and you will get withdrawals find another doctor and seek help.  You need advice from a doc that knows what they are talking about go to an addiction doctor...be careful you can get siezures from tramadol withdrawal.
I have been taking TRAMADOL for the past 4 wks. the first day i took the meds (50mg tablets 3 times a day) after 2 doses my stomach was upset and my chest felt strange, I called the pharmasist he said my stomach would get accustomed to the meds. he was right about that and the meds were very affective in relief of my fibro mialgia. now i stopped taking it (my symptoms, pain are gone) and can not sleep i feel like i am going crazy when i am lying in bed and cant fall asleep my anxiety level is off the charts i dont want to take it anymore but not sure if cold turkey is the answer. most other people I have read about took it for a much longer time period before they had problems associated with withdrawal. going to call a friend who is a retired pharmasist tomarrow morning and find out what i should do to get through this and lastly I am going to pitch the tramadol in the trash.