Taking methadone and driving?
Please could someone tell me, are you legal to drive while taking methadone?  

Suzytrue
You should call a pharmacy and they should tell you, but some may not want to if you're not prescibed so I would just tell them you are even if you're not.
i know youre considered under the influence (if you get pulled over) and your on nyquil even. Because it makes you drowsy. So my guess would be no.
The answer is no whether or not you are prescribed the drugs. Driving under the influence includes both legal and illegal prescription drug use per the statutes in all 50 states. The mere fact that you have a legal prescription for a drug that is classified as a Schedule II is of no protection from the law........especially if the cop believes you are driving erratically, under the influence or have an accident (in most states, blood is automatically drawn if you're in a serious accident). Also, please note that a traffic fatality while driving under the influence of drugs (prescribed or not prescribed.....especially if the blood reflects an amount over the prescribed dosage, and they can and will quantify the amount of drug(s) metabolites in your system) results most likely in a manslaughter charge.....translation: serious felony/serious jail time. I think we often forget that. Society will be forgiving in a lot of instances of drug use/ drug addiction unless somebody innocent dies and then they crucify you. I'm not lecturing you, just telling it to you as it is.