Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Taper

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Taper

Hi Guys! I am back and I have a question.  Can you taper off a 4 a day lortab addiction with 50 pills left?
Tags: Addiction
We can't give specific taper info.  There are medical issues to consider for each of us.  The idea of tapering is to drop small amounts over a specific period of time.  You need to be very regimented and stick to your schedule or it won't work.  Your doctor can help you with a taper schedule if you can visit with him or her.  
:) I remember you from last year! Thanks for the support
You can, but the best tapers are slow.  Try a little less and see how you feel.  The goal is no longer to get high; it's to not be sick.  If you can, work with your doctor.  If not, there are a ton of resources available to help you find something that works for you.  Just remember, you're not alone.
Awwww Thank you, I needed to here that tonight! xoxo
I guess on THIS site specifics can't be discussed. But I have seen sites with very specific hints, details and help on... the "T" word. :)

I will say "yes," however. What I have heard others do is to keep a minute by minute diary about your feelings, desires, etc. And also calendar the time you take a pill. For most people, such concept fails because they don't understand about the "lag effect" when taking a pill, so they take another one, two or three. And they don't keep a log to monitor intake.

Ditto on what others say, it is very difficult to not take a pill when you know that feeling bad (from WD symptoms) is easily remedied by popping a pill.

Sidenote: Your intake does not sound as bad as many people out there. So Google your question and "those" sites will come up and answer all your questions.

As ridiculous as this sounds, there's many YouTube videos on the subject! (There should be considering there's one video of a guy not saying a word. All he does is show off his pile of Vike. He had about 300. And in the description he said he had two refills. The comments to that video are pathetic. Addicts were saying stuff like "Oh, you are so lucky man.")

YouTube is great though. You can find stuff on how to fix a leaking toilet, combat in the Middle East, to recipes for cookies. If you search YouTube under "taper off _____" there's lots of help. And many of the videos are produced by certified addiction counselors.

I don't think links are allowed, but if you want to be amused check out this guy's presentation on YouTube, he has a lot of good info handling WD symptoms. (enter these numbers in YouTube search).

Note: I have seen a few people post comments that even with a taper they still experienced some WD symptoms, not as bad, but still some. So IMO you need to prepare yourself for some mild discomfort. I assuming since your intake is not as bad as those with a # 50 a day addiction, that you won't have as much discomfort. But like everyone will tell you, we are all different and there's a lot of variables to beating an addiction.

Note: I don't know if I copied the numbers to get to these videos. But just search:

"Stop Withdrawals from Oxycontin, Methadone, Heroin, Dilaudid & Vicodin w/ NonPrescription Meds Part1"

DVBLvitvG_A

2pj9g1FEknM

18y5PbJMJto