Taste of Subutex makes me sick! :s
hi. i've been on subutex for a week today and things aren't getting any better. i'm not craving anything but the taste of subutex makes me so sick and i'm also very sick after i've took the medication. Can anyone help with the bad taste? I think i'm over withdrawals from the co-codamol now but the subutex is making me really ill and i really don't want to take it. Thanks
Go and see your doctor and tell them what is going on.  I hope you start feeling better.....sara
Definitely talk to your doctor.  I had a hard time adjusting to suboxone at first also.  Your dosage might be too high, or you just might be sensitive to the taste.  It took me about 2 weeks to adjust to the suboxone.  The first 2 weeks it would give me horrid headaches and nauseau and dizziness.. but at the time my doc said it would go away and it did.  If its just a taste thing, well unfrortunately there is nothing you can do about it.  It must be taken sublingually.. maybe take your dose and have some hard candy on hand for when its dissolved or take it in the morning before you brush your teeth and brush right afterwards.  Hope you feel better soon.
Hi. The sickness is going away...i took it today and didn't really feel sick at all so i think you're right that it will get better. I had a mint in my mouth today which was dissolving at the same time as the tablet which helped a lot i think. Got to see the doctor tomorrow to check on my progress. I can't take it in the morning yet as i have to go to chemist to take is as i'm under supervision at the mo as i've only been on it a week. I'm only on 8mg at the mo, don't want to go higher than that to be honest, i feel i'm coping quite well on this dose :) thanks for your replys x