Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Taurine question

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Taurine question

Hi guys,
So, I'm now a week off tramadol, and I'm feeling physically better, but I'm super anxious...I feel like I can't sit still and can't fall asleep for anything.  Does taking taurine really work?  How much should I take?  Does it make you feel groggy in the morning?  Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Wishing you all the best-
ele
i may be wrong, but i thought taurine was for energy. maybe you are thinking of Theanein? (that is prob spelled wrong) that is supp to help with relaxing you, like a natural valium....