Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Thank YOU all! 4 days clean

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Thank YOU all! 4 days clean

So many people here to thank..I want to say that I'm not going to lie anymore.. I have been clean for 4 days in 15 minutes.  I had a stash of 50 oxycodones stashed away..But I just flushed them all down the toilet..NO MORE!!  They can call my name at night, tell me its ok to have one..(but I will have to say to them.."I'm to BIG to get down in the sewer to find them)  I can't believe all the nice people here who have helped me..My poor wife is ready to leave me becasue of lack of my sleep keeping her up.  I took her roses today at her work..I think that helped.  You see I tried working once.."It upset my stomach and had to go home"  Thats a Joke..My father was an acholic..and brothers and sisters are as well..Never had an urge to abuse achol..Never really liked the taste.  My late Father use to say he only drank after 5..but he had all fives on his watch..was a very funny guy..I miss him alot.  I still miss my pot smoking ( 30 years worth..Oxys were a better high)  Please excuse the rambling but I am feeling a little better everyday..Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers

Thanks again to all of you
G
A big congrats to you!!! You proved you want this more than anything by flushing the rest. That shows how strong willed you are. Just keep pushing forward and know each day will get easier and easier. You can do this buddy!! Hang in there!
Best of luck!
Brian
congrats on day 4 you  are doing great. Dont forget to thank yourself.  And I thank YOU for being here too !  You can make it.  I cant believe you flushed!!!  I could never FLUSH oxy down the toilet. I should have. But I took every one I ever got. But that was then and this is now.  try to keep your thoughts positive .  Dont let "stinking thinking" seep in. Give yourself lots of credit for the good you are doing for yourself and family. I will put you on our prayer list tonight. (mine and little Ds)
100 hours free!!   Opps I almost fell off my "Bully Pulpit"  lol
So glad you flushed those.  That really does take so much strength and courage.  Way to go!  You will also be in my thoughts and prayers.  
Way to go on flushing those pills!!  That takes some real strength.  Be proud of what you did.  Congrats on the clean time.  Good choice on the roses too!!!        sara
Forget flushing them taking  a set of big ones.....This man went through 3 full days of c/t with 50 oxy in his house and stayed strong. Radiostar, you may be the coming of christ I am sorry but wow you are the man. If i had one little piece in my house right now i would eat it. I am on day 3 by the way. my mental craving beats the snot out of the physical w/d. they are all i think about. the fact that a person called me yesterday with 85 of the little demons for super cheap is bothering me i passed them up but hey...i did. Great job. you are a star!

God Bless you and yours,
                Ron
It sounds like you are doing great !  I have alittle over 2 years without opiates. Thanks to God and this forum (and me)  I had a nice stash offered to me yesterday too, but for free. I had to say no many times to her and it was still very hard .  I believe in a higher power God (Jesus) and the lower power is always wanting his servant back.  I almost never got offered free stash with no strings attached when I was using. So why does all this free or really cheap stuff show up ??   I'm glad I read a few pages of my bible the past few days so I had the strength to say no to the free drugs. Which we all know doesnt end up being free. But cost us, ourselves.
Congrats!!!! You made it through the worst!!! It is very liberating to flush those buggars!!
Keep posting, keep us updated!! Stay close to people who AREN'T USING!!!

Props to you, my friend!!
Amy
what the hell the worst 3 days of my life.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just woke up now my 4th dayand i believe i feel ok i was bangen the 30 mg roxys 230 mg a day then everyone i was getting them from quit selling or went to jail so i decided to go to my g mas house to detox  i hate the dumb doctors who think these pills are safe for ppl to b takeing i will never touch a roxy or anything like that again now the thing that helped me was xzanx i slept two days stright thats what helped me so good luck getting off of pain killers hell just smoke some herb one last thing my wounderful wife and my to boys where here for me you will need support and love to get clean but its def. worth it
congrats on $ days without any pills! what an accomplishment!
i agree with you about this web site being a tremendous amount of help while tryimg to bead our addictions. im glad i found it and im glad you all did too..

as for the free offer for a few pills, in my opinion thats the dealers whoevers offering way to get us to want more. to become the addicted people that we are so that we're goin g back for more as soon as the high feeling starts to subside. i dont know about you people but i know once i took a few pills i always wanted more. i wanted it to last forever. so a few free pills to me would mean "ah she'll be back before ya know it" i dont want that happeneing to me. not TODAY

i admire you for flushing those down the toilet. it makes for a safrer enviorement.. again way to go on 4 days clean!
It's Sat morning at 6:30am//Slept maybe 30 minutes. Tonite at 5pm will be 5 days. I heard my daughter get up and went in and confessed to her.  I told her I quit not just for me but for her as well.  She is getting married in April, and I said I couldn't in my right mind be walking her down the ailse High as a kite on Oxycodone..She was sooo supportive.. Told me how proud of me she was..As a father you always want your kids to look up to their Dad  Just made a BIG pot of coffee  letting my poor wife sleep in.  I plan on waking her with breakfest in BED  Hell, I can't even boil water  LOL
For all of you please keep me in your thoughts..I feel so strong for flushing the 50 oxys down the toilet.  I know no matter how much they call to me I can't get to them.  All of you fine folks have been so supportive, I wishI could stand in front of each one and thank you personally..Their are so many people I want to thank..bmdad has his poop in a group, please listen to him.  He has really helped me and saved me

Wish me luck today..I will try and keep posting

G
Feels good to be honest with the ones we love doesnt it!!  My daughter just got married a couple months ago and it was one of the greatest feelings to be part of her day being clean.  I also bawled like a baby most of the day too but that was okay!!!

Do you know how to make toast?  That might be the safest bet for breakfast!!!!!  LOL

Congrats on 5 days!!  Keep up the positive attitude!!!         sara
Maybe you can help me with that toast!!

Grant
Congrats on those 4 days clean and the FLUSHING, hehe. We love to read about pills getting tossed here:) You have a lot to look forward to now and will starting feeling so much better very soon. Keep it going and stay positive. Congrats
LOL!!!
Congrats on 4 days and as for flushing the pills. Says a lot you have strarted as you mean to go on and that is clean great job . We do get great support here on MH so keep up the great work you have already done.And life will only get better my friend i promise you that GOOD LUCK ,,,,,,,,,,James
Day 5 at 5p today..still not sleeping...WHEN WILL THAT finally happen?
Congratulations to you! I have been watching your progress and am very happy for you and your success! I know that the issue of disposing of your stash was a big step. Good for you for doing it!

One quick thing that caught my attention was the method of disposal... We've always been told to flush our unwanted/unused meds, and the symbolism of flushing them is definitely not lost on a lot of us. However, it's becoming clear that flushing is turning into a significant environmental issue. Waste water systems are not designed to filter these substances, which leads to them being put back into the water supply or into groundwater.

Here's a link to an FDA article discussing both the environmental concerns and alternative methods of disposal:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/UnderstandingOver-the-CounterMedicines/ucm107163.pdf

Good luck to everyone and thank you so much for all your support. I'm not a frequent poster... I'm sure I'm only one of a large number of lurkers who feel tremendously supported by this community, despite our silence.
Wow, good for you!  You sound happy....I cannot believe you flushed.  What COURAGE. Can't say I would have done that.  Very very proud, keep up the WONDERFUL HARD WORK...

Do some jumpin jacks, get that adrenline movin and get a natural high.
5 Days and 2 hours sober.  And God celebrated with an earthquake near here at 6.5 magnitude..What I have really noticed is my smell is sooo alive.  anyone else expierence this?  I still feel weak but getting a little better everday.  I sure hope I can sleep tonite.  Thats the worse part.  Thanks so much to all of you for the kind words

G
Hey, Radiostar, we must be neighbors. My power just came back on after the quake. I was in San Francisco for Loma Prieta, and this one felt bigger to me. One nice thing about the quake is that the excitement took me out of my head and kept me from dwelling on my cravings.

Best wishes for you on your Day 5. Nowhere to go but up!