Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Thank you ALL!! 2 Weeks Clean Today!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Thank you ALL!! 2 Weeks Clean Today!!

I just wanted to update all the wonderful women and men that gave me so support and love. You all cannot be replaced!! Today is two weeks clean of those dreaded vicodin. I am starting to feel normal, and I feel so hopeful...I never want to see a pill again!! I am still having trouble sleeping, although I have always had issues sleeping. No appetite, but staying hydrating and taking vitamins...eating mainly bananas and protein drinks...letting my ulcer from the Aleve heal...my tummy is sooo sensitive! Too young for ulcers, lol...I am dreaming about running, when I do sleep, which is great. I know soon I will be back out there running :)
great job belle
Congratulations on 2 weeks! Your sleeping and appetite will come back soon.  I see you're a runner. As soon as you're back on the road I bet that will help your sleep. Keep on keeping on.
Thank you so much! I finally feel hopeful..not crying as much like I did the first few days...lol..I cannot wait to run! Trying so hard to fuel my body for energy. Bits at a time :)
congrats on 2 weeks Thats great! be proud of yourself and take each day as it comes you will keep moving in a positive direction.
Sleep was last thing to normalize for me but just accept that you may not get a good nights sleep right away watch good movies maybe read, take a warm bath before bed and no caffeine after 3 PM. and all those things will help I promise and eventually you will be snoozing thru the night and almost wake up shocked Good luck and Congrats
Yaaaaa!!!! Great Job!! Now you just keep stepping up them steps and do not fall down..OK..Each new day as the Sun Rises give us a Brighter and Clearer Day..Good Job!!!!
you sound great. so proud of you and so happy for you.
small amounts of food will help you regain your strength and help to heal you. eat yogurts, soups, drink smoothies, fruits, veggies.
did you try otc sleep aids, alteril, melatonin, sleep by nature made, valerian root, sleepy time tea.
start taking walks, go easy you are doing awesome.
keep on keepin on.
continued blessings and healing,
Debbie
CONGRATS; belle !!!!!! .. i am sure that you will be running soon too !!! in fact, i SEE YOU RUNNING !!
Congratulations on 2 weeks - hopefully the sleep with return soon and you will keep feeling better and better - you deserve it!
I'm so happy for you! I can see you running too! Let us know how you do so we can celebrate with you!
Congrats on your freedom!!!  Dont let anything get in your way and always remember to keep your Guard Up!
Thank you so much! Everyday I feel better :) I am napping whenever my body falls out, lol...just woke up actually, lol....
Step by step, day by day I will continue...I will not fall...my sister, offered me Norco 10 on Saturday. She forgot I stopped. She had just got out of the hospital and was still high off of whatever they gave her. I never thought my first test would come from HER. I promptly told her to NEVER even mention pills around me. I was so happy. I have NO cravings, but still plan on setting up aftercare once this ulcer heals and I can get around without so much pain. I am walking with purpose with my steps are quick and light :D
Thank you Debbie...:) I am eating small bananas, soy yogurt ( I am Vegan) , yes a vegan was popping pills. Irony. Toast, protein drinks. I am trying melatonin, was walking...now I have to wait until the ulcer to heal, it is really painful...OTC hurt my stomach lining while going through w/ds, but better this then stomach hurting from nasty vicodin! Thank you and blessings to you...:)
You just put a huge smile on my face...I truly love you all...
Thank you! Thanks for all your encouraging words through this journey...my angels :)
The crying may start now, lol...thank you...always in my thoughts as well....wishing you many blessings and peace :)
Thanks! I will as I was tested by my own " forgetful " sister on Saturday. I was surprised, caught off guard, but promptly and firmly let her know where I stand. No sources anymore. Changed my phone number, and will now ALWAYS have my guard up now! Thanks DominoSarah!
great job belle
Thank you so much! Wishing you all the best Ricart :)
Congrats on 2 weeks clean!!!!! I know I'll be saying that soon & I can't wait!!!
everyday you will feel better! yay for a nap! Sleep when your body lets you :) and keep adding those days up ! each day that passes it does get easier and when you feel overwhelmed just remember it will pass I promise you! Hang in there! Your life is yours! Keep taking it back one day at a time!
Thank you! I am so proud of you...you can DO whatever you set your mind to!
Thank you so much. My body aches came back the last couple of days...just roughing it out because Aleve, etc., gives me ulcers, which I have now. Trying to hang in there...and I will...hung out at Starbucks with my mom yesterday and she had to take her vicodin, my doc. I understand she was in pain. I had no cravings, but knowing I was having body aches I told her to please not take them around me. She figures I was physically dependent, not psychological addicted, so she thought I was overreacting...just have to make sure she doesn't bring them out, talk about them....so she gets it now...
Massive Congrats on 2 weeks and 3 days! You're doing it. Way to go!
Thank you!! I appreciate you and everyone else that have been so supportive....my angels :)