Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Thankful and Trusting

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Thankful and Trusting

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. ~Psalm 18:2-6

Lord, I pray  that you would watch, direct,stregthen,and guide everyone in their recovery! I know you will cover them with your Loving Arms!

Luv,
Joycee
Tags: God Our Savior!
good post Joycee people need to now the true heart of God and his  forgiveness
prayer was a powerful weapon when I went thew detox and still is in keeping me clean
Jesus came to set the captives free and theirs not to much more captivating then addiction may he set us all free....btw thats for the note today...it hit home
may God bless you abundantly......Gnarly      
Great post as always.. I came across this scripture while reading and just wanted to share with you all.....

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (King James Version)

8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I hope you all will read and understand this one... it has helped me in reading it again as I believe it goes along with what lots of hurting people are feeling right now.. but His grace is sufficient for all who believe.. great post again Joycee.. I love your posts they just help me a little more every time I read them... lots of love and God Bless You always...