Thanking Gasten re Benzo wean
Thank you for referring me to more information and support.  This site has been helpful as well.
Please note my different name (nearly same as before).  In my fatigue and w/d, I cannot remember my password or e-mail address I had used to send pass word to.  So, I rejoined with somewhat same name and have the membership info in a safe place.
I am overwhelmed with w/d symptoms today.  Poor sleep.  Gastric upset and overall nervousness.  Despite GI upset, I am craving carbs.  I am worried about weight gain.  Do not need another issue to gnaw at my self worth.  Any comments welcome.
Hi there - Gasten is great for sure!

What are you/were you taking?  how long off or tapering?

I can tell you I was on a low level of xanax and it really wreaked havoc on me so I am so glad to be off.  I lived in low level benzo withdrawal for years without knowing it or realizing that was the partial cause for why I felt so bad.

All I can say without knowing your specifics is things do get better.  Are you replacing the benzos you are tapering with healthy stress/anxiety activities such as meditation, affirmations, breathing, yoga?  That is really important.  Most of us were put on benzos for a reason and until you can learn to manage anxiety naturally you won't proceed well with recovery.

Sending you support!
First off, forget the weight gain.  That's a side issue and can be resolved later.   All the symptoms above are normal withdrawal symptoms and I have experienced them all as well.   Just go with them.  The main thing here is that you have made positive and important first steps to recovery.  Pat yourself on the back for that one!!!!  With all the support, information, and help you are going to receive, you can't go wrong--it's just a matter of weathering this journey out--as each and every one of us must do.

Here's a little tip I have been doing, Rain, that may help along the road now and in the future.  Start an exercise regime.  I started with a goal of 5 minutes a day--who has an excuse for that, right??  So I would take a walk or use my elliptical for 5 minutes.  Go for a few days or a week, then add another minute or two to that.  Making SMALL goals like that will make it doable and you will be far less likely to quit.  Now I have worked my way up to 30 minutes a day on the elliptical and 15 minutes with weights and floor exercises.  Never could I have dreamed of or had the energy for doing any at that level when I first started.

The point is that it helps build your stamina for now and for down the road when you need it more.  You are investing in your strength for later when you need it.

Rain, you know I am here for you whenever you need to talk.  You can PM me anytime.  We are all going through this together.  It is so very good to know we are not alone!!!

BIG HUGS!!!

Gasten