Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
The Journey Begins

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

The Journey Begins

So today is the first day that I have been on this site. Reading these posts make me realize that I am not the only one. I am 24 and I am highly addicted to norcos it has been about 2 years since I started taking them, I take 15-20 daily and I am tired of feeling like my days are revolving around the pills. It started like many others, went to the dentist to get some intensive work done and got prescribed vicodin, took those daily as prescribed and started to notice how I liked to do those normal daily things like cleaning much more. When they were gone, I made another dentist appt, got more done and got more vics. After that lied to my father who has a prescription and told him that my wisdom teeth were killing me and he gave me them like no big deal. Eventually I tried norcos and liked them more, basically just got worse and worse. I have so much going for me to , great job, great schooling and a loving family.  The sad thing is that I never have tried any other drug in my life, nothing stronger that norcos or any other recreation drug, I have always been the strong one, I used to say I hate drug addicts, now I am one. Right now I have been clean for a little over 24 hrs and I am already starting to feel the withdraw symptoms, the RLS is already starting. I read postings for hours after I called a doc about the soboxene, I decided I would just rather go cold turkey then pay an insane amount and still have to withdraw. It seems to just hide the wd for the time being but they will always be there waiting.  Plus I called and I thought that it was a short period of time like a couple weeks month max, and the lady said "Oh no you have to at least plan on taking it for 6 months and that's a short session." That is just crazy to me, I want to get off of pills not be addicted to another. Well gotta get ready for work. Please wish me luck and give me some tips to make it through this.
Thank you for responding, so how much longer until you stop the suboxone completely? Please let me know how you feel after stopping. Cause I read so many responses saying that the withdraw was twice as hard with the suboxone.
Hi there -

We can't allow tapering schedules on the forum, but members are certainly free to give you tips for dealing with symptoms.

Best,
Emily
I had been on 20-25 day each of vic and soma and was off 4 months not feeling much better from the beginning. I just couldn't kick the laziness or get any energy back. I was so tired of feeling like **** I was going through my own little personal day of hell. 9 days ago I started suboxone. I feel wonderful, I have not felt like this in years and years. It is also helping my chronic pain. I will stay on it forever if they let me. I don't have fight at 51 to do the cold turkey wd anymore. I am taking 16 mg right now and I guess they will cut me back with a maintence dose.
Brandi, welcome here :)

i will copy a list with some tips to get you through wds, don't be scared of them, it is doable so you can do it...and yes, of course i wish you luck :) keep posting and telling us how you are doing , ok ? :)

Here the list ,

immodium ( diarrhea )

advil

a good vitamin complex and a good B's ...

some magnesium ( best chelated )+calcium supplements... to help you with muscle cramps and aches

potassium rich food... apple/orange juice  , bananas, spinach, raisins, nutcrackers..

a good chicken soup, tomato soup, eat as healthy as possible ...some protein shakes.

this is very important, .....drink a lot of fluids to keep you hydrated ... gatorades, green tea ( theanine on it, will help your mood and to relax), tonic water ( it has quinine and it will help you with RLS )

Hylands restful legs to help you with RLS , hylands cramps legs

maybe some natural stuff to help you with sleep like melatonin and valerian root ( good for anxiety too and it helped me with the stomach cramps , imo).

lots of hot baths ( with epsom salts if you have them ...)

start with walks and some light exercise as soon as you can to boost your endorphines, enjoy the sun ... exercise will really help you a lot to  heal and feel better :)

hi brandi im going threw the same things as u are and im also new to this form... keep in touch with me... we can help each other out