Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Thomas recipe

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Thomas recipe

I have been trying to get the recipe together but I can not seem to find just the right mineral supplement that has everything in it  as needed. I don't know what to do or where to find it. Any help . thanks
I got almost all of the stuff at Walgreens. If you are looking for one pill that has all of those minerals in it, I am not sure it exists. I hat to buy them as mostly seperate items. If you are in Reno try Vitamin Shoppe or Vitamin World. You can always call them and ask if they have what you need instead of driving all over town.
I started my detox on Friday, July 8th using the Thomas recipe after 1.5 years of abusing hydrocodone (mostly percocet).  I had no pain, bought them off the street, spending thousands and thousands of dollars in the process.  Like most people in that position, it started as recreational use.  Just took one or two at night with some beer or wine to unwind.  It then slowly turned into morning, afternoon, and night.  Sometimes in the middle of the night.  My tolerance finally reached the point that I knew I needed to either make a change or go broke maintaining the habit.

Anyway, I tried to detox two times previously without using the Thomas recipe and didn't make it past the 3rd day on either occasion.  I didn't have high hopes for this recipe helping in any meaningful way, but I'm happy to say I was wrong.  

First of all, I was lucky to have a sister who had access to Ativan (a benzo), because I really think that helped me get some sleep in the first couple days.  The one ingredient I couldn't find at the grocery store or vitamin store was L-Tyrosene, although its incredibly cheap on Amazon.  The vitamins I bought at the grocery store were 1) Multivitamin; 2) Vitamin B6; 3) Potassium; 4) Magnesium.  I also bought a product called "Restful Legs."  Just google it.  Its a homeopathic medication that doesn't market specifically to help with RLS, but I believe it helped me.  If you get it, make sure you note that they are taken sublingually.

After dreading the detox, I can honestly say it wasn't that bad.  The first time I tried to detox, the RLS was unbearable. This time, it was maybe 10% of what I experienced before.  I was able to take a 5-mile walk on day 3 and a 7-mile walk on day 4 (I hadn't exercised at all in the 1.5 years that I was using).  By Day 5, I was back at work and functioning relatively normally.  I work with my father in the family business so I had some bigtime fears about my first day back.  It went fine.

I'm now on day 11, and I feel pretty good.  My ability to sleep is slowly coming back, although I have found that I go to bed like 2 hours earlier than I used to and wake up much earlier. Which actually is just fine with me because I can try and start working out in the morning.  

I hope I didn't bore anyone to death with my story.  I have been reading this forum a lot of the past 11 days and it's helped immensely so I wanted to put my story out there.  Good luck to everyone dealing with the addiction.  There IS light at the end of the tunnel!
Thank you for your info, I will give both a call. I have most of what I need , I but I feel I need to get everything. Thank you
Thank you for your story, it helps to hear what others go through and it gives me hope that I will be successful with my detox. I will be starting my detox this evening and will have 5 days to get through the ugliest part of it. This is the first time I have gotten down to my last pills and not feel desperate to find more. This makes me feel like I am going to get this done, although I am very scared, I really want it this time. I have made plans before and not really made an attempt to even try, when the day came when I was to start , I just didn't. . I don't feel that way this time. .... Thank you for getting back to me. It helps
HI First off tell yourself .....'''you can do this'' its great your getting al your ducks in a row with the thomas recipe it will make you a bit more comfortable but wont cercomvent withdrawals
try not to let fear into the equation it only makes it worst and its always worst in our minds then it turns out to be this is 1/3 physical and 2/3 mental be ready to fight on both fronts
go into this thinkg with a positive attitude  and try to keep it that way it is the single most imporant thing you can do .....this truly is a battle one or lost in ones own mind pick up a case of gatoraid with the other stuff and force the fluids when the symptoms hit head for the tub a hot soak will realeave most of the symptoms get comfortable with the saying .....'''you just got to be ok without being ok for a wile''.....the symptoms are only temporary rent some movies today your probably going to be up all night it will give you something to do tv pukes out around 2 nothing but infomercials so its best to have some movies on hand ....if you believe in God prayer helps a lot ....pray for strength to get threw it Jesus heres those that call out his name....I couldent have done it without God hes all you got when it 3am and your up alone shaking .....just know this is the beginning to the end in a few days you will no longer be chained to a pill bottle and it is so so worth it keep posting for support im on lat at night I will look for you good luck and God bless........Gnarly      
I can't tell you how much your words mean to me, thank you for your support, and I will continue to post. ..I will get through this... And I understand what you mean by" I got to  be ok with not being ok for a while" . Thank you
got2quit you can do it one suggestion is I would not take the atavain or any other benzo while in wd it is such an easy time to transfer one addiction two another and I would hate to see that happen ..

It sounds like you have things all in line its not fun but very very doable .Good luck keep posting .