Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Time Vicodin stays in system?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Time Vicodin stays in system?

Does anyone know how long vicodin stays in your system?  I've read online anywhere from 1-3 days.  In the past week I've stopped taking vicodin other than one slip Tuesday night when I took 4 (5/500's).  I've read that metabolism, height, weight, tolerance etc. all affect how long it stays in your system.  I have a very fast metabolism, I'm tall and thin and have a high tolerance to painkillers.  (Was taking 20-30+ at my worst).  I'm just worried because I have the possibility of being drug tested in the near future and want to make sure that the vicodin isn't in my system anymore.  
Or is there anyway to clean your body out??? I've been drinking a TON of water, is there anything else that could help???
Anything would help. Thanks!
You are doing all the right things.  

I found that drinking warm water was a way to get more water into my system to flush out the opiates.

I don't know how long the viocdin will stay in your system; but, that will be different than for how long it can be tested for.  I suspect the opiates stay in the system well after when tests can detect them.  

~George~

I was told by a local detox clinic that it can stay in your system up to 14 days. As for cleaning yourself.. The best way is to just STOP. I did see a detox box for sale at Target for about $10.00. It is a 7 day process to clean out your whole body. Now IM not positive that it would help you pass your test. You could call and ask the pharmacy. My opinion is to take something safe and healthy. Good luck, Heather
Vicodin is a short acting opiate and I know that in a standard urinalysis 10 drug screen for employment it is not designed to pick up on lower dosing drugs like prescriptions, it is better at detecting higher quantity opiates like heroin...  I have working in medical for 10 years and I am drug tested randomly throughout the year and I was taking 20-30 vicodin es everyday and I have never failed a drug test to date.