Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
To: Alex

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

To: Alex

If you don't mind me asking, what are you withdrawing from?  I am tapering from Hydros and am wondering if I will go through this thing of not sleeping....
Hope you can get a little more rest tonight.  ~Good Luck
Oxycodone which is similar. I just feel restless a little bit. Stuffy nose and congestion. Loss of apetite WHICH IS FINE BY ME lol :) Feeling anxious and nervous. Losing my cool and being irritable. Those are pretty common with w/d It is not that bad - however, i don't want to do this again lol

BIG HUG

Alex :)
Avatar n tn
Hang in their my friend!! You are doing great and everyday you are going to feel better. You should be very proud of yourself and congrats to you!!

Tim
Avatar n tn
I just finished a successful taper of off hydros.  I definitely had the problem of not being able to sleep.  I have been completely off for 7 days now, and I am starting to sleep again.  Thank god!!  It will come back and it does get better, just hang on.  If I can be of any help to you, please let me know.  I wasn't able to taper on my own, my hubby had to be my "pill police" as I have no will power.  If I have them, I will eat them.  Good luck to you.