Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
To all on hydrocodone...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

To all on hydrocodone...

This drug sucks,  it is hell to stop for those of us who take it for the wrong reasons, which are for any other reason besides dulling your physical pain.  They make us feel good, "normal."  Only it's not normal.  When we abuse  for so long our minds don't remember any other way to feel. I myself am struggling to quit for good for the 3rd time.  I hope I make it this time.  I am finally seeing a psychiatrist, who I am hoping will help me through.  We all know you feel bad when you stop taking this stuff.  Really bad.  Really, really bad.  It's normal.  Not fun, not good, not easy, but normal.  You are not dying.  You will not die.  You may wish you would, but you have to hang on for a few weeks.  I am telling everybody this because I am thinking this to myself.  I am with you.  I hope I make it.  None of us wanted this, it happened.  Now, what are we going to do to fix it?
I've been scared to death to run out because I wasn't sure exactly what happens when you stop
Good luck!
It sucks butt when you run out!!  You have to quit because you want to not just cause you run out.  I had 10 10/325mg vicodin & 15 somas left when I quit!  I still have 2 vicodin refills and 5 soma refills sitting at the pharmacy but I was ready to quit!  I am on day 23 and did it cold turkey.  It can be done.  It was hard but I was so ready that taking a pill never crossed my mind when I decided to quit.  I flushed what I had left so that the tempation wouldn't be there any my refills couldn't be filled for 4 days.  I was the person who was always counting exactly what I had to make sure I had enought til the next refill.  I was seeing 2 doctors at once and getting multiple prescriptions.  I would go to bed every night telling myself that I would start tapering down then quit but I never could.  I would taper for 1-2 days then take a whole bunch.  I just had to quit and that is what I did.  I am feeling great now.  I am ready to do something with my life other that count pills.  Good luck to you!  We all have what it takes to quit, we just have to be ready!