Tolerance
So, we all know that the longer you take any pain pills, you build up a tolerance. I have been prescribed them for a while and my tolerance is getting pretty high so I need to take more at one time to kill my pain. I had gotten to a point where I could take 4 at once and it would take my back pain away. Recently I have noticed that I feel like I'm going to pass out and I can't breathe shortly after I take that many (which I will NEVER do EVER again). I guess my question is can your tolerance actually go down even if you have been on the pills for a while, non-stop? I feel like the same amount that use to never effect me ( I wouldn't even get high really, it would just get rid of my pain) now makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.
back pain is a multi-dollar business,,,I too suffer from 3 back surgeries including titaniun cages and fusion,,I am an addict,,,I started for the pain but it led to the high,,,these narcs are bad,,,,I am now done with day 4 (free and clear of pills) a motrin works just as good as these dam pills and its not dependent,,,,,,anyways good luck,,just thought I would throw down a note,,,,peace,,,bugzzz
I have some non-narcotic pain meds (naproxen and ibuprofen) but they don't seem to help any. The muscle relaxers  give me a tad bit of relief but not much. The opiate pain meds seem to be the only thing that helps. I don't seek out a high and I truly only use them when I have pain because I do not want to get addicted. I also take the tramadol when I can because they are not nearly as strong as the lortabs - I only take the lortabs as last resort.
In my post I said I felt like I was going to pass out today,  but I just thought of something. I have an upper respiratory infection right now and I am taking cough syrup which is Hydrocodone GG - and I took the pills (tramadol)on top of that not thinking. The cough syrup does not have acetometaphin in it but I wonder if the combination of the syrup and the pills made me sick (it had been about a 4 hour time lapse between taking the two). Regardless of what caused what I felt earlier,  i will still never take more meds than reccommended because that had to be the scariest moment of my life - I truly thought I might die. I guess you have to learn from your own mistakes.