Tolerance
I have a question about tolerance.I have been on MS Contin,and Percocet for about 3 years,and over that time I have gotten increases to where I am now which is 300MGs MS Contin and 60MGs percocet.My question is,if I take my meds as directed can I keep my tolerance where it is?Or is there a way to keep it from going up?Maybe taking a little less once in a while? I don't want to go any higher on the dosage,what I am on now makes certain activities difficult as it is.Thanks for any help.
For most people, as long as you are consistently putting a narcotic into your body, you will grow a tolerance.  But I know someone who has taken percocet for over 20 years and has been at the same dosage basically the whole time.  Everyone is different.  Have you tried medications other than narcotics?  
Yes she is right everyone is different, my tolerence level goes up fairly quickly, which landed me on "high" doses and I had no idea what was a low dose what was a high dose.  I was on the fentanyl patches 100mcg every two days, and percocts.  I started with percocet 5mg 40 a mnth and quickly went to 240 percocet 10 mgs per month, then they introduced those patches to me and went from 50mcg to 100 mcg in 2 months.