Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tonsillectomy

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tonsillectomy

Hi all,

I am thinkg of a surgery of tonsils because I usually got tonsillitis and stinky white balls (tonsil stones) in my throat and tonsils.  So I am very nervous for that decision, I have asked several questions for my doctor and he says "you need a tonsillectomy and nasal cauterization because of your nasal turbinates and Tonsilloliths". I would like if someone there knows if after surgery my tonsil stones will really desappear and I will be able to breath normally. Sorry if I am so straightforward but I am very nervous because I have heard people after that surgery has suffered wording & nasal problems. thanks

Emmanuel
Sorry this is the addiction forum.. I think you are in the wrong spot.
My dr. wants or wanted me to get my tonsils out maybe not now that he knows i'm a addict, but I think you're in the wornge place to get a answer for this. Didn't you're dr tell you?
I would check out the ear, nose & throat forum.......good luck.  I have the same thing......that **** in my throat.......i would advise against the ectomy, unless it is causing chronic illness.  Although, tonsillectomy has come a long way since my childhood days.....I think they do it by laser now.....not sure, but, anyhow......how old are you? and how long have you had the problem?  Good luck, and , check out the ear nose and throat fourm........

Nauty............
Thanks for your advice and I will get to the right forum.