Topamax HELP
My neuralgia doc has put me on Topamax. I tried 1st dose, 25mgs this eve. i feel like I'm coming apart! My face and head feel like they are on fire, as do my hands and feet. I am truly anxious for the first time from a med. I feel like I'm going to die. Any help? I've read all the lit on side effects and am getting hit from all sides! i thought I had RLS before! HA! This is RLS on steroids! HELP!!!!
Call right away.  Perhaps go to the ER.  I had a reaction like that when I took codeine one time.  It passed but it really scared me.
My doc is 150 miles away. My reactions are all listed as side effects, but I didn't think I'd get every gooooooddamn one! I'm a mess
Some history:

I have CLL (cancer)
a wicked case of shingles led to PHN, which lead to Trigeminal Nerve Nueralgia which I am trying to attack without the Fentanyl. I have suceeeded in getting off Actiq 12-1600 mcgs a day, down to 25mcgs  a day. Have been on 25 mcgs for well over 30 days. Trying Topamax, but it is kicking the shiit out of me and I feel like I'm having a panic attack
All new for me. And IT SUCKS!
Building steam every 5minutes since 1830 CST. Getting way bad now with the RLS, and RHS restless hands! My face feels like there is a blow torch hooked up to it, my heart is racing like a gad dammit steam engine
Disregard my comment in the above post. I didn't read this one before I answered the one above.
Had some benzos, they have helped. Feeling better, will NEVER take that junk again! Doc said it would be ok to use with my benzos, so I;ll be ok. Thanks al you helpful souls

I take 75mg of Topamax a night but have never experienced what you were and described.  I felt really sleepy the first week and walked around like a zombie.  I did have really strange sensations before I would fall asleep ( loud bang sometimes in my head) or flashes of light.  I also have RLS and it did seem to get a little worse, but not enough to stop taking the Topamax.  In fact, I love the stuff.  I am migraine free for the first time in years.  It also helped with my sciatica.  I waited the couple of weeks for the symptoms that happen when you first start taking it to go away and now I don't even feel like I take it.  No side effects whatsoever.  A lifesaver for me.
I wonder if I could stick it out that long. It was miserable. I wasn't prepared for that. I have a msg in to doc, and will take his advice. Thanks for telling me it got better.