Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol. Methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol. Methadone

Can anybody help me with this question ,,is the stuff that's in tramadol the same stuff that's in methadone
It's not exactly the same thing but they are both opioid analgesics.Could I ask what your question is more specifically.We could then give a more specific answer.  Methadone is a much longer acting and more powerful med than the tramadol
Tramadaol is a synthetic opiate with an SSRI quality to it to work on your nerves.  Methadone is used mostly to treat someone with chronic pain to control the ups and downs from opiates.  Methadone was originally used to treat heroin addicts.   Are you taking these or trying to come off of some kind of opiates and looking for something to help you?  
Hi methedone was made way back from a german dr during the war because they were running short of morphine. Go figure what it is doing to us now....Yes it is being used for herion???But the subs are now in front of the methedone for people trying to come clean..
As ricart & yes asked why??? I hope you are not thinking about the switch..
I can tell u right now it is a whole other beast the methedone and I would RUN FAST...and stay away.....
Keep us posted
vickie
Yes hav abig  tramadol addiction and got tree days supply of methadone 2 get me true the tramadol with drawls I'm 2 days away from te tramadol and hav one day left of methadone to take an Tats it I hope den I'm true te worst of te tramadol withdrawal shud Tia be a little help . Can sumone tel me
Methadone is much, much stronger than Tramadol so I'm not sure it was the best choice to help you with your addiction...But, you've already taken it so that's done.

You will feel some withdrawal once the methadone is out of your system. Just push through it, maybe two days for the worst of it. Be sure to keep your fluids up and be sure to eat.

If this should happen again, try instead to taper down on the Tramadol before going to methadone.  A slow, steady taper will help you avoid the more significant withdrawal symptoms.
Tanks very much for your help wud you think going the gym and sweet wud make the withdrawals easyer
Yes, exercise helps w/ detoxing the system, restoring mood and promoting sleep. That said, you might not be able to hit the gym during your 'acute' w/d's. I would also make sure you cut out all caffeine and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate from now on ( 2 to 3 litres per day.) Wishing you every success in your detox. Please, let us know how it goes!