Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol Seizures

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol Seizures

I keep hearing that if you take to much Tramadol you can have seizures.  Can anyone tell me what kind of seizure and can you have a seizure and not know it?

Also, I am trying to find a detox center and I keep getting conflicting answers.  Can anyone tell me about "Rapid Detox" as compared to regular detox?  I have read all about it but I don't know who to believe.

Thanks in advance
the best thing to do is talk to your gp as i was under the gp and only when i convinced him that i wanted off them asap he told me about a specialist substance misuse service on the nhs its not listed in any of the regions books its strictly a referal service now i have a care plan and start a HOME DETOX  on monday i can be at home with my family and they come and c u everyday to make sure ur ok n administer meds etc try it good luck xxxx
Tramadol was my drug of choice. I took 15-20 pills daily. I went cold turkey and I had a hard time with it. I had real bad physical pain and my eyes twitched alot. I was put on anti seizure medication. Call you physican hopefully he can help you out.
Good Luck...
nascar went CT which is very danerous and as he said hard but he was being over seen by a doctor .Yes you can have sezuires they can be bad. Tapering is by far the safest way.As for rapid detox if you are talking about being up under its very exspensive and people have died .I would talk to your doctor and work out what would be the safest for you .
Hi there. I wanted to let u know that last year I was taking tramadol for ulcerative colitis and I had a ground mall seizure in my home. Thank god my husband was home to call 911. I am 32 and have never had a history of seizures. The docs came to the conclusion that it was caused by the tramadol. They also said if u take to much it can cause one. Talk to u're doctor do not detox on u're own... Good luck to ya.