Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol Zoloft

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol Zoloft

Gday everybody  Been on tramadol for 3 years now 4 50mg a day and now the doc wants to put me on a low dose of zoloft....Whats everybodies thoughts  any advice would be great thanks  
zoloft and tramadol are not a good mix
do you believe anyone can be on tremadol at all?

I know you have very in depth experience with ultram
I am also on zoloft, and while I took tram (3 days clean!), the pharmacist, not the doctor, told me it was not wise to take them together. The dr. of course said this was false, but I tend to believe pharmacists first. I will say, that I continued to take both but never at the same time, and it was a worry of mine . I think the main issue is siezures.
I have something you might try first.  Sam-E.  It is a miracle drug.  I tried all anti-depressants and hated them all.  They made me fell awful.  Including zoloft.  But everyone is different.  Sam-E is a vitamin supplement over here.  Look for the brand NatureMade in the vitamin section and look for the 400mg box.  Any drug store or supermarket should carry it.  It is expensive, but usually on sale somewhere for two for one.  Call around.  

Take one a day.  

It made all the difference for me.  I felt nothing.  No up, no down, no tingles, no hypers, nothing.  But, I felt better.  Not thrilled or happy or joyful or anything, just better.  No more crying my eyes out over nothing.  No more depression.  Just better.  

You can ask your doc about it.  They prescribe it regularly in Europe but not over here because the pharma companies don't make money off of it.  It is a supplement.

I think the box says Mood something or other.  Make sure you find the brand NatureMade.  That is the only one that Consumer Reports said has the right number of mgs.  

But, I have no idea what the drug interaction would be, so please check with your doc.  
thanks everybody for your in put terrified

How did you find out about this drug I am In Australia and will look into thanks
I would really watch it man,if you are going to take the 2 together take only a 1/4 pill of the zoloft and wait a few hours to see how you feel,I have had several seizures and a near death expierience mixing other drugs with tramadol and I am a heavy duty drug user but tram is a different ballgame,if zoloft wants to take you one way and the tram in another you could die,this is no joke,and the big problem is that they really don't know how to counteract tramadol in the er,they will just make you tough thru it and have some one standing by with one of those defribillator machines(sorry bad spelling)really hobo91 be careful
I found out about Sam-E in Consumer Reports I think.  It is the only non-prescribed pill that helps with serious depression.  I tried it.  It worked for me.  My husband was also going through depression but wouldn't accept it, so I slipped it in with his vitamins.  It worked like a dream in a few days.  So, it is not a placebo.  I told him about it later and now he takes one a day.  400mg.  He hasn't been down in months.  But, for me, I am amazed at how fast it works.  Not like the other stuff that takes weeks and then you feel like a zombie.  You don't feel any different, just like taking vitamin C, but you don't feel so bad.  It is amazing.  

But, again, be careful about any interactions.  And I wouldn't take it with the other stuff.  It is kind of a one or the other kind of thing.  But talk to your doc.