Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tramadol addiction?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Tramadol addiction?

I have been a Tramadol user for about 6 years.  I have severe back pain from spinal disk deterioration.  I also had some back surgery.  I want to get off this drug and over a period of about three months now I have tapered down from 6 [50mg] a day tp 2 [50mg] a day.  The problem is I now suffer from insomnia, (I writing this at 3AM), When I try to go to sleep I get this restlessness in my arms to the point of twitching and jerking sometimes.  I'll put up with some pain if I must and just use Tylenol, just to get off this drug.  My Daughter is now in the hospital from Tramadol abuse of up to 20(50mg) pills a day.  I recently found her on the kitchen floor in what appeared to be a grand Mal seizure.  OK I'm new to forums so I guess I'm rambling.  I just want to know how long it might take me to get CLEAN of this drug and not have any more withdrawal symptoms?
6 years is a long time. It will take about a week for the physical withdrawals to go away but the mental will last for months.

You should try to see somebody for help. You need to get help so you can help your daughter.
i also am taking tramadol 200mg 2 a day i've been taking them for 7 years for my back and neck,some days i don't have any,but i don't suffer from withdrawal,i can stop them at any time and i still don't have withdrawal but when i don't take them i'm in heaps of pain.i would like 2 know why some people suffers from withdrawals and some don't?my friend is taking the same tablet and she get withdrawal to.